Monday, January 19, 2009

Does This Snow Make My Butt Look Big?


It's official. I am turning into Jack Nicholson in The Shining. This frigid weather and constant snow falling is making me nuts.

Yesterday, I did not leave the house because of the crazy winter weather. But, I had to entertain myself. So, what did I do? I made beef enchiladas and red velvet cupcakes from scratch (see above).

Don't tell my doctor. He wants me to loose weight. So, perhaps the 2 1/2 sticks of real butter and the block of full fat cream cheese that I plopped into those yummy cupcakes might convince him that I'm not trying hard enough. Hmmmm.....Maybe I can convince him that I have a thyroid problem.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You might have brought a red velvet cupcake to work to share with the girls next door, from what I hear the dog eats better than they do over there!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sal -- what recipe did you use for the red velvet cupcakes? I use Paula Deen's recipe, but have been wondering if there is a better one out there. They look good! Pam

markzinni said...

Oh my God! Cupcakes?! I want one, NOW! It would have gone so well with my dinner last night. We had a blast and we have to do it again - without waiting MONTHS! Also, I am loving this blog Ms. Costa because I can hear your voice in my head as I'm reading.
XOXO