Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Burbs

The hubby and I, bought our house 12 years ago. Like everything else in my life, it came with a story.

We had been married for five years when we got the itch to buy a house. Like all young couples, we wanted to have a slice of the American dream. My husband was really into the search and very particular about what he was looking for. I, on the other hand, had only one stipulation. I needed to buy a house that had a good street address. My new address labels HAD to look awesome on my Christmas cards. That was not going to happen if I bought a house on Testicle Trail, Booger Boulevard, or Fecal Fairway.

I guess you could say that I have Address OCD. Every time someone tells me that they bought a house, I say, "Congratulations. What's the name of your street?"

I have always had a sort of compulsion about addresses. When I was a kid, I dreamt about living at 1313 Mockingbird Lane (yes, with the Munsters). Now (even though my address is killer), as an adult, I fantasize about what it would be like to live on Wisteria Lane (no, I am not a desperate housewife).

So, you're probably wondering.....What street did I settle on??

No Sodom Road for me, my friends. I live on.....drum roll please........I can't tell you that! What da ya think, I'm crazy? But, FYI...It is very peaceful here.....except for the dingbats who live across the street (I think she's really a man and he may be in the closet, but whatever). I'll tell you more about them another time.

I need to get to bed. I haven't won the lottery, yet. So tomorrow, it's off to work for me (oh, crap).
Have a good night everybody!!

No comments: