Friday, January 23, 2009

Mmmmm....Cheesecake

This is going to be a quick blog entry (well, not that quick) because I am at work....and I am in my office at work....and my husband (who I work with) actually thinks I am doing work. Shh...

Anyway, I just wanted to tell all of my friends out there in cyberspace, assuming that I have friends and that I am not actually talking to myself, that you can now access my blog through my new web address which is: www.sallycosta.com

I set this up because every time I tell someone the name of my blog they look at me like I have two heads and say, "Huh?"
I hear you...and I get it, people.

Mais fica is a term that you don't have to be Portuguese to "get". Let me reiterate that. It's a term that hungry people understand because let's face it, we are all big time foodies. To best help you understand my point, here's how we typically apply the term "mais fica" in a common situation:

Imagine that you are at a restaurant with a friend and you are about to ingest something really, really good like a big fat piece of Godiva chocolate cheesecake (and it's not like I'm speaking from experience here Dr. Cardiologist Lady who likes to rain on my parade and force me to eat lettuce). Anyway, your friend is sitting across from you and practically drooling all over herself. You don't want to look like a ravenous beast, so you thoughtfully ask, "Do you want to try some?"

If the cosmic forces are on your side, she politely declines your offer and you think to yourself, "Whoo hoo! More for me!"

That is a typical "mais fica" scenario in a nutshell. Now come on. No judging. Don't be rolling your eyes at my cheesecake greediness. For you, it may be french fries, buffalo wings, or crab rangoons, but get real my fellow oinkers....you know exactly what I'm talking about here.

So, that's my story for today. I hope you all have a great weekend! And, stay away from my cheesecake!

PS This wonderful, insightful blog can now be found at these two websites:
www.sallycosta.com
www.maisfica.blogspot.com

Use whichever one best floats your boat...

2 comments:

queenie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
PJ said...

Hmm, seems like someone left an interesting message that no one can read now.... PJ