Thursday, January 1, 2009

What comes around...

Well, today is the first day of 2009 and my first day as a blogger. I'm putting it all out there, my friends. I figure it's cheaper that seeing a therapist.



Anyway, I'm not big on resolutions. I just can't handle the pressure. But, I will say that my blog site, Mais Fica, pretty much sums up my wants and needs for my life. For those who are unfamiliar with the term "mais fica", it is a Portuguese phrase that basically translates as "more for me".



Now, I don't want everyone to think that I'm a greedy little trollop who is all about "stuff". Not the case at all, people. What I really want "more for me" of is the following:

PEACE, RESOLUTION, and SECURITY.
I want to say NO more and feel guilty less.
I want less of other people's drama and turmoil dumped in my lap.
I want people to call me because they want to say hi or get together "just because", not because they need me to solve a problem, do them a favor, or lend them some money.
I'd like to read more.
I'd like to exercise regularly and be healthy.
And finally, I'd like to be able to eat more and weigh less...and I mean eating the good stuff (no tofu for me , dudes)....like chocolate, buffalo chicken wings, and cheese in any form. Whoo hoo!! OK, I know this is ridiculous, but hey, it's my list so, deal.

Thanks for reading my first blog entry! Stay tuned....It's gonna get good! Happy New Year! I wish you all the best in 2009!!


6 comments:

FAT BRIDESMAID said...

The fact that you used the word "trollop" in your very first post suggests to me that I'm really going to enjoy reading your blog. :)

Anonymous said...

Tia Sally you are the first person i know to have a blog. I hear people talk about blogs all the the time, but i never actually read one. I think its a good idea. I hope you have good luck with your new year's resolutions. Just remember don't let anyone "Buffalo" you!!!
Brian M.

Pam B said...

Hi Sally! I'm looking forward to reading this! Happy new year! Pam

Pam B said...

Hi Sally! I'm looking forward to reading this! Happy new year! Pam

Anonymous said...

Good Luck with the blog! Oprah would love it too!

queenie said...

first I agree I want to eat what I want and look like a model, maybe there is a bottle we can rub and ask for 3 wishes and puff I would be skinny. I am already beautiful of course because u have to be to graduate cinco de mayo ha ha
but honestly i am 46 and i want peace in my life lots of good friends, good food, wine and cosmos and the love of my family. Who needs drama a little money maybe but no drama ha. see u fri mary.