Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Best Lady Or Crazy Lady?

Twice a year, my friend Deb and I get together to celebrate our "pretend " birthdays. Basically, some years ago, we decided to pick days in the year (always the same days) that we would've liked to have been born on. My day is October 31st. Her day is February 28th.

When those days come, we meet for food and beverages and we give each other gifts. There are really no rules to our "pretend" birthday outings. We can choose to be any age that we want (we usually stick to the late 20's and early 30's) and we basically sit around talking about how freakin fabulous we are and how we have grown into such amazing overachievers. Hey, it's our game, so lump it.

Deb is the oldest friend that I have. We have a quirky relationship in that we "get" each other. When I have an "Alda" story (my Mama), she can relate and commiserate because low and behold, she usually has an "Anna" story. Yep, my friend has her very own Polish version of "Alda." Alda makes favas. Anna makes pierogis. And they're both spunky little blondes that want to be the bosses of us (I know...not grammatically correct lingo....but so what).

So, Deb's "pretend " birthday is on Saturday and next week sometime, we will pick a day and meet for her annual PARTAY.

This year, we have some very important stuff to discuss. Deb's getting hitched...SOON....And I'm going to be her BEST LADY. Her fiance says I'm going to be her Matron of Honor. Not so. And he better stop saying that. Or, this MATRON just might show up at the pending nuptials wearing assless chaps and a macrame bra (under a leather biker's vest, of course) just to prove how "unmatronly" I really am.

Hmmm...on second thought, I probably wouldn't really do it. But, only because Alda and Anna will both be there to kick my BEST LADY ass, if I do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember your fake birthdays! Deb's is actually on my mother's "real" birthday. how funny... I would like my fake birthday to be July 4.
Hope all is well :) Pam