Thursday, February 5, 2009

I Am Jessie's Girl

Since I told you about my scary Wayne Newton experience yesterday, I figured today, I might as well confess about one of my Rick Springfield encounters. There have actually been several. But, this one was captured in pictures.

Let me start at the beginning. When I was in 7th grade, I was in love with Rick Springfield. One day, my very good friend Cheryl (or so I thought) came to school and announced that she had won two tickets and backstage passes to see Rick in concert at the Providence Civic Center. Naturally, she was excited and I was ECSTATIC because I was positively certain that I would be the one by her side at that life changing venue!

I know, I know.....Cut me some slack, people. I was a twelve year old drama queen.

Before I could start jumping up and down and expressing my joy, Beastly Cheryl (yeah, that's what I call her now) told me that she was taking her neighbor, Chris, instead of me.

That was it. Not much of an explanation...no chance to plead my case...nothing. Oh my God! I was so upset! After that, I barely spoke to her again because keeping me from Rick Springfield, people.....That is a definite friendship breaker-upper, if you ask me.

Anyway, many years later, I found out that Rick Springfield was finally going on tour again (like after 23 years of hibernation)....and he was coming here! Whoo hoo! You know I HAD to go. So, I dragged my friend Cheryl (not evil 7Th grade Cheryl) and she graciously followed me around the venue with a camera. Now, remember. I may have been a little overexcited at this concert. But, in my defense, these pictures reflect 23 years of pent up frustration that has been festering inside of me since Evil Cheryl gave me the shaft in 7th grade:

Photo 1: I am fairly reserved (for me):



Photo 2: I'm getting a little bolder:




Photo 3: OK...I have officially lost my freakin mind:





FYI...Just in case someone decides to show my Mother these pictures, I am only "simulating" the buttocks touching motion. I am not copping a feel. I'm actually too reserved for that kind of behavior.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Hey.....we both have touched the bootie!! Isn't that what you are supposed to do when he is swaying his fanny in your face? It is an open invitation!!!

Snipit said...

Great pictures, funny. Shame on evil Cheryl from 7th grade.

Sally said...

So glad you enjoyed my pictures!! FYI, SNIPIT, you look fantastic at 50!!

PJ said...

Rick Springfield?!?!?! bleh... sorry must be a generational thing, but come on... RICK SPRINGFIELD!!!! I think I feel sick...

Sally said...

Jen, I plead the 5th.

PJ...You are entitled to your opinion. Freedom of choice, my friends...That's what makes America so great!!