Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Devil Made Me Do It

You've heard me mention that my doctor wants me to lose weight, right? Well guess what? I gained two pounds.... since last week.

I'm not proud of my behavior. And actually, I WAS planning to cut back and start eating healthier THIS WEEK, I swear. I even have proof:

Yesterday morning, I decided that I was going to defrost some chicken AND lean ground beef because I was going to march straight home after work...NO DETOURS, damn it! And, I was going to cook! Not only was I going to make dinner for that night, but I was going to be a smarty pants and make dinner for the next night, too.

Well, I am happy to say that I DID cook the aforementioned food. OH. YES. I. DID.

Here it is:
Shepard's Pie



And meal #2:
Curry Glazed Chicken with Roasted Asparagus and Baked Potatoes



But, I didn't say that I ate it. You see....I cooked this food AFTER I got home from sharing a friggin PU PU PLATTER and a TRAY OF FRIED RICE with the hubby. So much for NO DETOURS. But, I did drink Diet Coke with it so that HAS to have cancelled out some of the fat and calories that I ingested, right?

I know, I know. I have no defense for my gluttonous behavior.

So, I'll just say this: Food is a slut and the devil is it's pimp.

Hmmm....I guess this means that Weight Watchers should have me arrested for solicitation.

4 comments:

*Bitch Cakes* said...

You are not alone, sister. I remember the days of eating 3 breakfasts, followed by multiple snacks, lunch, dinner on the way home, dinner at home and several desserts. Even while on WW.

Jen said...

well...having the same struggles here!!! What is the recipe for the chicken???

Marisa (Trim The Fat) said...

"Food is a slut and the devil is it's pimp" -LMAO, that was the best line I have ever heard!!! I couldn't agree more :)

H.K. said...

You are too funny!!! I've had waaaay too many nights where I cook I nice healthful meal and my husband brings take out dinner from Panda Express. The healthy dinner goes to the refrigerator and I pig out on the fatty chinese food!