Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Do You Know The Muffin Man?


Hi y'all. I don't know why I'm suddenly turning all "southern" on you. So, please just amuse me and go along, would ya?

Today, I have no philosophical revelations to share. I'm just going to be a very bad influence here. So, in advance, I'll ask you to please forgive me. OK. Here goes.

This morning, the hubby and I were running around like loons trying to get ready for work. In an effort to save time, I decided that we should forgo the Cheerios and grab breakfast on the run. Strike One.

We ended up at Dunkin Donuts. Strike Two.

I bypassed the low fat everything, glanced briefly at the bagels, and finally settled on : The Triple Chocolate Muffin. Strike Friggin Three.

I should be flogged.

Now, I HAVE to say that here is where the apology to all of you fine people will be inserted (so sorry). Because, I am going to admit to the world that the DD Triple Chocolate Muffin was the best damn muffin I have EVER eaten. I'm telling you that if you are a chocolate whore, like me, you will think you have died and gone to heaven. There, I said it.

Now, I'm not saying that I didn't feel guilty after eating it. I did. I thought to my self, "Self? Why didn't you make a healthier breakfast choice?" Self wasn't interested in answering. She was on a sugar high. I'll try her again later.

Anyhow, I decided to do a little research to see just how much damage I did to my arteries. And here it is, people....the nutritional information for my "heavenly" muffin. Read em' and weep (like I am right now):



Dunkin Donuts Triple Chocolate Muffin
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 muffin

Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 300 Calories 660

% Daily Values*
Total Fat 33g 51%
Saturated Fat 7g 35%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 10mg 3%
Sodium 460mg 19%
Total Carbohydrate 84g 28%
Dietary Fiber 4g 16%
Sugars 47g
Protein 7g

Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%

Calcium 6% Iron 40%

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.


They say that hindsight is 20/20. I say that the CEO of Dunkin Donuts should be arrested for attempted murder.

2 comments:

Jen said...

well.....at least there was no trans fat!!!

H.K. said...

Dang! No wonder why they tasted so good...it's because of the calcium ingredient. :0)