Monday, April 13, 2009

Barbecue Chicken Pizza, Anyone?

I've never posted a recipe before but I HAVE to today.

One of the things that the hubby and I both LOVE is barbecue chicken pizza. But, like most indulgent foods, it is not very good for you. So, over the weekend, I made my own version and let me just say that it was AWESOME. Try it. If you are a weight watcher, I swear, you will fall madly in love with me...Ooops...I mean it.

Here's the recipe:

*2 tubes low fat crescent rolls
*1 cup barbecue sauce (I used Jack Daniels No. 7)
*3/4 lb. chicken breast tenders, cooked and shredded
*3 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
*1-1/2 cups Kraft 2% low fat shredded cheddar cheese
*1/2 cup low fat ranch dressing
*1/2 tsp. chili powder
*1/4 cup chopped scallions

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

Roll the crescent rolls out on a pizza stone or cookie sheet (I use a stoneware bar pan). Pinch all seams together to create one large pizza crust. Place in the oven and bake for about 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove crust from oven and turn on the broiler. Spread the barbecue sauce over the dough. Spread the chicken, then the bacon, and finally the cheese over the top. Place pan under the broiler until the cheese melts (the cheese kind of puffs up), about 3-5 minutes.

In a bowl, combine the ranch dressing and the chili powder. Drizzle the dressing over the pizza with a spoon (or a Ziploc bag with the corner cut off). Top with scallions.

Makes 8 large squares:


2 comments:

H.K. said...

Thanks for including pictures, I hate it when people posts recipes with no pictures!

This is definitely a recipe that I will try and if they family doesn't like it...more for me!

questionsfordessert.com said...

I am gonna try this one! I would have last Thursday, but the husband misunderstood the email with the recipe/grocery list. I can't wait to try it! You'll get a great shout on my blog when I finally do!