Friday, April 24, 2009

You Wanna Bet?

I am not a gambler. I find no joy whatsoever in dumping my hard earned money into a machine that's going to suck it down like an ice cold beer on a 100 degree day.

Nope. Not my thing.

I would rather throw my money at a fantastic pair of shoes, a great handbag, or a mind altering restaurant experience....OH, YEAH. I'll have the bearnaise sauce with my big, fat filet mignon, please!

Yet, sometimes I get roped into taking a sucker bet. I only blame myself because....well, I am a gullible dork sometimes.

Case in point. You have probably seen my friend Lou on this blog several times. Hubby and I go out with him and his lovely wife, Linda, for dinner every so often. He is, for lack of a better word, MISCHIEVOUS.

Never mind. Forget that.

He is just downright CUH-RAZY!

Well, we went out to dinner last week to a great wine and tapas restaurant called Cork. When we got there, we noticed this guy playing the guitar in the corner of the room (apparently, this is their Wednesday night entertainment):



Without ANY doubt, Lou spurted out (to us and the waitress), "How much you wanna bet I have that guy's hat on by the end of the night?"

The waitress, who knew Mr. Guitar player very well and clearly was very convinced that he would never give up his fedora to a total stranger, replied, "No way."

I replied, "Yeah, right."

Thankfully, there was no money on the line.

Because, not only did the little bastard get the hat, but he got the guitar, too:




Moral of The Story: NEVER DOUBT A MAN WHO'LL WEAR A DIAPER(click on the link below if you haven't seen it before).

Mais Fica (More For Me): That's What Friends Are For

1 comment:

H.K. said...

I have become a big fan of Lou! And the picture of him with that hat...priceless.