Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Good Swift Kick In The Pants

Today, I had the shittiest day at work. By the time I got home, I swear, I was vulgar.

After making dinner, eating dinner, and cleaning up after dinner, I decided to sit at the computer to read some blogs and check my inbox.

That's when I read this e-mail from hubby's cousin.

FYI.....She's young......like me ;)



Hello All;

Yesterday I received the results of my bone marrow biopsy. I’m thrilled to tell you that the ratio is 90/10 (donor/me)! There are no leukemia cells in my DNA or Bones! I’m in remission!!! I am so happy that I was singing and dancing in Dana Farber!!! (My doctors already know I have a few screws loose! Never been one to hide my emotions….) Heck, we have one shot at Life and I’m living mine to the fullest - JOYFUL!)

I’m still under ‘house arrest’, crowd control (you know I love to be in a crowd….) and continue taking many medications to prevent infections and host vs. graft disease. The doctors will continue with my weekly physicals and lab work to monitor my progress. On May 27th, they’ll remove the catheter from my chest. HOORAY! Besides napping (Who doesn’t need a nap throughout the day?) I’m feeling stronger. Less body shakes, and growing hair! Go figure!

Please know how thankful I am for your support, prayers and well wishes. OMG, the power of prayer!

Have a great day!





Moral of the Story: Sometimes, a subtle kick in the ass is just what you need to bring you back to reality. And to stop you from behaving like a whiny little butt-hole (yep....kinda like me).

No comments: