Friday, May 15, 2009

On The Road...AGAIN

Ho, hum.

On Tuesday, I went back to Weight Watchers....AGAIN.

While I was sitting there in the meeting room, a woman turned to me and asked, "Are you a lifetime member?" My response, "Um. Not legally. I've never earned that status. But, emotionally and mentally? That would be a YES."

I felt sad when I thought about it. I mean. Please. I have been losing and gaining the same freakin poundage for at least ten years. What is my damn problem? And why can't I get it together?

I think Oprah said it best on one of her recent shows about weight. She said, "I can't believe I'm STILL talking about this after all this time."

I'm with you, Ope.

Anyhow, I went to back to WW.

I committed...AGAIN. And away I go...for the gazillionth time.

Maybe the gazillionth time will be the charm. Who knows?

Oh, and one more thing. My fellow blogger, H.K., included the Serenity Prayer in her recent blog post about battling weight (I love that prayer). I've decided to make my own appeal:

Please God. At some point in my life, grant me the ability to eat like a beast and still be one of those naturally skinny be-otches that I want to pulverize with jelly donuts. Amen.

Man. I need therapy.

2 comments:

H.K. said...

Yes, you definitely do need therapy...and me as well! Let me know if God answers your prayer because if he does, I am SO going to quit Weight Watchers!

Sally said...

Too bad you don't live near me. We could get a "group rate."