Thursday, May 7, 2009

Who You Callin' Simple??

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I am thinking... that I ate too much freakin garlic at a new Portuguese restaurant tonight and now my belly hurts. And, I'm never going back there because my waiter (and part owner) was a bitchy queen. Suh-nap!

I am thankful for...having TWO bathrooms in my house. After all of that garlic, I'm sure my husband will be happy about that, too....I know....I know. TMI.

From my kitchen... I haven't cooked in DAYS. Been eating out like a beast lately. But, hey! It means the kitchen is sparkling clean!

I am wearing...my cotton Nordstrom nightshirt and knitted slippers that my Mom made. Everybody who owns a pair loves em'. Were you expecting something more exciting than that, Pervy?

I am going...to win the lottery. Jesus, do you hear me?

I am reading...blogs, magazines, newpapers, and a book called, Such A Pretty Fat, by Jen Lancaster. She is H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S.

I am creating...this blog entry. And after all of that garlic, enough gas to heat my house for a whole winter.

I am hearing... rain hitting the roof. My God, it feels like it's been raining FOREVER.

Around the house... the grass dude mowed the lawn in the rain today. That must have sucked.

A few plans for the rest of the week... That would be dinner with friends on Saturday night to celebrate hubby's belated birthday. HELLO? Will that birthday never end?? And, let's not forget Mother's Day. That means lunch with my in-laws and visiting with my Mama after that. Whoo hoo! Can you say, TORTURE?

One of my favorite things...the Sangria I'll be drinking to wind down (actually to calm down) after the Mother's Day festivities.

Picture thoughts I am sharing with you... Sangria....The Other Quicker Picker Upper:



Can I get an AMEN?

2 comments:

H.K. said...

Amen! And what's up with your husband with all the birthday celebrations, he must be one special guy! I say the next time you have a birthday, you should have a birthday month, or two, or three...

Heather said...

Alda's slippers are the BOMB!!