Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Julio Iglesias: The Original "Sock Commando"

This is story about my husband, Paul:



Like most of us, he is a creature of habit.

Last week, he agreed to buy and wear a pair of shoes that can not be worn with socks, lest he look like a big doofus. This was a BIG deal, people. Because, in all of the years that I've known him, he has NEVER gone "sock commando."

Never, ever.

On Sunday, Paul wore his brandy new loafers (sans socks) a la Miami Vice, to a birthday party at my sister's house.

And my Mom was there.

In case you are unfamiliar with Momma Alda, she's a very fashionable Portuguese version of Sophia Petrillo (from the Golden Girls). She only wears high heels. She always dresses like she's in a friggin fashion show. Her make-up and hair are always perfect. Oh, and most importantly, she completely lacks a mouth filter.

Any-who, while at the birthday party on Sunday, Paul was eating his cake and chatting with my Mom when she suddenly noticed his shoes:



Knowing that he never, ever wears shoes without socks, she exclaimed, "Paul! You have-a new shoes (insert Portuguese accent here)!

Then, she proudly announced, "I like-a your shoes! You look jzust like Jooolio Iglesias!"




The hubby looked at her and then at me and whispered, "Is that good?"

I responded, "Um...I guess so. In the 78 year old woman's realm of reality, I think that means your HOT."

"Oh, that's GREAT," he retorted.

I think he was traumatized.

Because on Monday morning, he was wondering around the house getting ready for work wearing his CROCS.....with socks.

Hmmm...sounds like a good title for a Dr. Seuss book, doesn't it?

6 comments:

MochaTrina said...

LOL...Cros with Socks...funny!

Hanlie said...

I'm also married to a sock-man!

H.K. said...

Okay the picture of your husband without socks is friggin hilarious! My husband is the opposite he has to wear socks all the time, even when he wears flip flops!

Rapunzel said...

lol, My Man won't wear shoes sans socks either, I don't understand it!

BTW, I still think Julio is kinda hot. ;-)

BippyMama said...

"You have-a new shoes!" ROTFLMAO! I can see this whole exchange in my mind's eye...too much!

Post-it Notes said...

Hilarious!! My hubby is the same way... must wear socks!