Friday, June 12, 2009

What's In A Name?

Yesterday, hubby and I drove by this restaurant:



And, because I am a complete wackjob, I got to thinking....

Assuming that the chef/owner of said restaurant is a married man, I wonder if his wife likes being Mrs. Ho.

I'm picturing her angst, as she's sitting in the waiting room at the gynecologist's office. She, like most women, is sitting there dreading the annual fondling of the funbags and hoo ha probe, when suddenly, it's her turn to be called into the exam room. The physician's assistant peeks her head into the waiting room and calls out, "Mrs. Ho....Mrs. Ho!" And all of the women sitting in the waiting room silently snicker, exchange glances, and give thanks that they married a Jones, a Smith, or a Costa (like me).

Poor Mrs. Ho....

Well, actually, her situation could always be worse.

I know a woman who married a Boner....

Seriously.

4 comments:

H.K. said...

(LOL!!!!) My initials are HO, but it's better than having that as my last name! I also know someone whose last name is Booty and Bottom. I got interesting friends!

Left you a blog award on HK everyday!

Rapunzel said...

LMAO! Yeah, makes me glad for my very simple three-letter last (maiden) name which I returned to after my divorce and will hang onto even if I marry My Man someday. Especially since his surname is barely pronounceable and consists of three syllables.

Sally said...

H.K.
I also know a "Slutsky." Poor thing.

And thanks for the award!! I'm so happy that you "get me."

Hmmm.....What does that say about you????

Bippy Mama said...

My neighbor goes by "Booty"; this is her preferred form of address.