Monday, July 27, 2009

Can You Hear Me Now?

My husband is brave man. Let me explain.

On Saturday night, the hubby and I attended a lovely wedding. The mother of the groom, our dear friend Barbara, handed us (and everyone else at the wedding) some cards that we were supposed to fill out with some "advice" for the newly married couple. Her plan is to utilize these cards in a scrapbook of sorts to remind the happy couple of their special day and all who were there to celebrate it with them.

When Barbara handed the hubby his own card, he looked at me and said, "Oooh! I get my own? And I can write whatever I want?" And just between you and me, he seriously seemed way too excited for his own good. "Um, yeah. You get your own. Knock yourself out." I replied.

And when he finished writing, he looked at me with a big shit eating grin and handed me the card so I could read it. It said:

Best Wishes Marc & Bethany! Always remember that the secret to a happy marriage is SELECTIVE HEARING.

He's just lucky that I left my taser at home.

Anywho, thought I'd share some pics from the wedding reception:

The groom, Marc, and his mom, Barbara


The bride, Bethany, kissing her mother-in-law (That's right, girl. Only GOOD can come from kissing up to the MIL)


Me and my dear friend, Barbara (by the way, if you know what's good for you, you will never refer to her as Babs)


The hubby and Barbara (He's known her since he was a teenager. And FYI, that was a HELL of a long time ago)


Did you know that it's bad luck if you don't eat the wedding cake? No?? That's because I just made this little tidbit up....Call it justification...


The hubby....my accomplice in cake:


Hubby and I truly enjoyed ourselves at Marc and Bethany's wedding. They are a lovely couple and we wish them both a very happy, healthy, and long life together....filled with selective hearing.

6 comments:

Hanlie said...

Ah, you two are a riot!

Jack Sh*t, Gettin' Fit said...

He shoulda gone with mine: "Remember, marriage is a mental state, it's an institution. I guess what I'm trying to say is marriage is a mental institution."

Rapunzel said...

I am with you on the wedding cake luck thing! The same goes for birthday cake...anyone's, you know. Just sayin'. ;)

Sally said...

Hanlie,
I'm so glad that you appreciate our fairytale romance! *cough, cough*
Sorry, I appear to be choking ;)

Jack,
You are a WISE, WISE man.

Michelle,
I love you because you always take my side ;)

*Bitch Cakes* said...

Not for nothing, but your husband is a smart man. Glad you let yourself enjoy the cake while you were there. I have been thinking about you non-stop btw. I hope you're not on suicide watch with the impending birthday...

She-Fit said...

HAHA... it is bad luck to not eat the wedding cake. . . I think we should all make this a popular one :)