Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Chip On My Shoulder

It's no secret that the hubby and I work together. Often times (REALLY OFTEN), when people find this fact out about us, their reaction goes something like this: "I don't know how you do it! I could NEVER work with my husband/wife! How can you spend all day together and then go home and spend more time together? I would go insane!"

And then, we deflect their negativity by justifying our situation (I don't know why). We tell them that we like working together because we are both focused on the same goals. Plus, we get along really well because we are alike in so many ways (can you say anal?).

One day, I left a blurb on Facebook saying something about the "bad" day I was having. A friend of mine responded, "You mean working with your husband isn't all sunshine, rainbows, and unicorns?"

Um. No.

Any work environment can get TESTY for a variety of reasons. You know the drill....SHIT HAPPENS and sometimes you can get under each other's skin. Case in point:

Today, during lunch, I was getting mucho aggravated trying to make a computer graphics program do what I wanted it to do. Just as I was getting ready to punch my fist through the screen, my husband (who was eating his lunch) initiated this conversation:

Hubby: This is cool! I wonder if I can get any money for it?" *snicker, snicker*

Me: (totally annoyed) "What are you talking about?"

Hubby: "Come here. Check this out."

Me (*grumble*): WHAT?

Hubby: Check out this chip (yes, as in POTATO). It looks like a cowboy hat.



Me: Oh, Sweet Jesus. And how do you think you're going to make money with that?

Hubby: UM...HELLO...EBAY?! A potato chip collector!

Me: Yeah right...a potato chip collector...because they're a dime a dozen....Ooooh, maybe Garth Brooks and Kenny Chesney will get into a bidding war over your chip. Hee, hee, hee (me, walking away and giggling at his ridiculousness).

About 15 minutes later, the hubby, determined to prove his case, called me over to his desk to prove that he could win this argument. Apparently on eBay, he found these odd shaped potato chips currently up for bid:

The Michael Jackson Chip (You are evil, eBay seller!):


The Heart Chip: Starting Bid: $100.00 (Are you friggin kidding me?):


The Monkey Face Chip (WTF?):


And last, but not least....

The Jesus Chip (You are SOOOO going to Hell, eBay seller!):


I shook my head and said, "OK. Fine. You win. You've proved your point. There are imbeciles out there that buy, sell, and collect potato chips. WHATEVER..."

And just as I started to walk away, hubby yelled, "Wait! Look! I've got one more! If you don't want to buy these, you can buy this!"

And then he showed it to me:


I know. Just what you've always wanted...a chicken nugget shaped in the likeness of Abraham Lincoln.....

I don't know about you. But, MAN I am SO proud to be a member of such a progressive society.

6 comments:

Jack Sh*t, Gettin' Fit said...

Holding out for an Elvis-shaped fish stick.

Rapunzel said...

LMAO! This is why we're the superior sex, no matter what they think!

Chellie has Issues said...

So did he go ahead and post on EBAY? Hey we're in a recession, ya gotta make money where you can!

Sally said...

Jack,
If one becomes available, you'll have to fight me for it!

Rapunzel,
I agree.

Chellie,
Nope. He didn't list it on eBay. I would have eaten it first!

Watching and Weighting said...

Dude, they're not 'chips, they're CRISPS!!!!! :)

Sally said...

Crisps or chips...all I know is you can never eat just one ;)