Monday, July 6, 2009

DIET: The Ultimate Four Letter Word

DIET: Did I eat that?
Um, yeah! And everything else in sight, you pig!
*me, talking to myself....*



I am not a weight loss blogger. I never could be and I never will be.

My eating habits are abominable and I should be stoned beyond recognition if I even tried to give weight loss advice.

I will make this confession, though. I read lots of blogs about good health, weight loss, and nutrition. I love them. I am addicted to them. And I celebrate the successes that their authors revel in. I honestly do. I want these blogs to motivate me.....enough to take action in my own life. But the truth is, they're not working. Nothing is. I continue to live my life everyday making poor food choices and not really giving a rat's ass about what effects my eating habits are having on my health or my body.

Well, that's not entirely true. I suppose I give a tiny rat's ass. But, still....

So, tomorrow?

Well, I am going to drag my sorry, cannoli eating, unmotivated ass back to Weight Watchers AGAIN....for the quadrillionth time.

I am hoping that somehow, someway, I will snap out of this funk and put healthy eating and exercise back on my agenda, where I so desperately need it to be.

In the meantime, I'll leave you with these:

Big Pocketbook = Small Ass


I really like this next one.....

If you can't hide the big ass, decorate it with sequins. Yeah, sure. That'll draw the attention away from my ginormous caboose.


And finally, because I am feeling quite vulgar and disappointed in myself at the moment, here's my all time favorite:


Sorry.

I'm in a mood. I will try to be nicer tomorrow. Promise.

9 comments:

Fit & Flabless said...

LOVE the last one! Sounds like me on any given day. Okay, so maybe it's not quite that bad. My mood has been in the crapper, too. Oh well. If at first you don't succeed.....and all that jazz. Good luck on getting back on track with your diet. I will be cheering you on. :):)

H.K. said...

I love the last picture!!!! I realized that I always loved bigger purses, now i know why!

nic said...

Weight Watchers is such a great program.

Good Luck with this venture, don't lose your hilarity with the pounds!

Hanlie said...

I think the first step is starting to care... otherwise you're just going through the motions!

Rapunzel said...

Aw! Big hugs to you, hon, I know the feeling! Hang in there, today will be better. I promise. xoxoxo

Sally said...

Thank you ladies for the kind words and support. It really means a lot ;)

Brunch at Saks said...

Just found your blog via *BitchCakes* and love it! Reading both of your blogs now to try and decide if Weight Watchers is the way to go again for me. Great post :)

Jenn said...

No need to be sorry! You're entitled to feel this way...we all are when we're on a diet. It sucks and it's hard and if we're also expected to grin like idiots during the whole experience then I'd rather be fat. Good luck and we're all rooting for you!!!

happyfunpants said...

Hey there Sally,

First, I am also doing the WW thing - in fact, it will be a year next week. (sigh) But in the course of that year, I've actually managed to lose almost as much weight as an Olsen twin, so I guess that's good news.

I *do* have a weight loss blog, although it's hardly as witty and funny as my "real" blog. In fact, really it's just me rambling. So you know, whatever you do, don't read it. It actually sucks.

Anyway, I'm currently struggling with feelings of frustration and apathy. So I'm hoping that you do post a little about your successes. Maybe it'll be motivating enough for me to actually get back on track.

One thing is for sure, I know I'll be laughing. :)