Thursday, July 9, 2009

It's The Devil

Last month, I saw this hilarious picture on my friend, Rapunzel's, blog:



It really cracked me up. And it also made me think about the foods that I crave.

As far as being food venturous, I will try almost anything once (meat log excluded...*blech*). But carbs? Those are probably my downfall. I won't elaborate on this topic because I am currently of the "Weight Watcher" frame of mind. But, I will tell you that I never met a loaf of bread I didn't like.

Actually, if you want me to be your best friend forever, just give me a warm loaf of fresh bread, a nice hunk of quality cheese, and a full bodied glass of wine and I will follow you to the ends of the Earth.

God, I am such a cheap date.

Anyway, you're probably wondering where I'm going with all of this. In a nutshell, I have a new theory...and I think you're going to like it.

Yesterday, as hubby and I were driving home from work, I spotted a new sign on a building nearby. I immediately yelled, "Oh my God! Turn the car around! I need to take a picture of that sign!" The hubby, completely used to my ramblings and sudden outbursts (poor, poor man), did a u-turn on the road a la Dukes of Hazzard (he's good at this) and I quickly got my photo op. Check IT out:



Dudes! The minute I saw this sign, everything suddenly became so CLEAR to me!

OF COURSE, bread is the devil! How could it not be? It's baked by whores!

OK...I'm grasping, here. But, you know me...always looking to blame someone else for my weaknesses...

9 comments:

Kathy said...

That is just to funny. Now every time I see bread I am going to wonder if Whores baked it. lol. Thanks for making me smile this morning.

Sally said...

Kathy,
Thank you for reading! I'm glad I made you smile ;) Now, go on and have yourself an appropriate serving of some high quality, slutty bread!

CINDER said...

Slut Bread baked by whores...I love this!! Thanks for giving me a reason not to love the fabulous thing I adore- BREAD!

Sally said...

Cinder,
Anytime, my friend! Anytime ;)

Hanlie said...

You just made me snort tea out my nose!

I can't be seen enjoying the services of whores, so no more bread for me. It's like cocaine in my body!

Sally said...

Hanlie,
That is excellent! And I'm with you! No more canoodling with whores!

Kimberley said...

LOL!

MochaTrina said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!Whores!!!!!!!!!!

Rapunzel said...

So glad you enjoyed that "Devil Bread" pic as much as I do, love having an artist daughter who can create such things for me!

Yes, we share that bread love, I am simply unable to resist the temptation of a big fluffy loaf..groan...