Monday, August 3, 2009

Taking "No" For An Answer

On my way to work this morning, the hubby called me and asked me to stop at Dunkin Donuts to buy him a bottle of plain milk (to wash down his damn raspberry danish, but that's another story). So, I stopped at the DD near work and went inside to make his purchase because the drive thru line was just WAY too long.

When I got to the counter, the coffee wench asked me what I wanted and I said, "Just a plain milk, please." Did you get that? I said, JUST (as in ONLY) A PLAIN MILK, PLEASE. To which she responded, "Would you like a donut or a muffin with that?"

So, I spoke a little slower, "No thanks. Just a plain milk will do it." To which the obviously hearing impaired coffee wench responded, "Would you like a coffee or iced coffee with that?"

I am so far from being a morning person and oh my freaking word this bitch was really making me want to hurt her. Seriously, I wanted to stuff a French Cruller down her pie hole just to keep her from talking to me one more time. But, I kept the farce of composure going and replied, "Nope. Just the milk."

Her final response:

"That's unusual. Not many people start their day with milk." To which I answered, "The milk's for my husband. I start my mornings with tequila." *insert blank stare from coffee wench here*

Clearly, I can add her to the ever growing list of people who don't think I'm at all funny.

8 comments:

spunkysuzi said...

I think your hilarious :)

MoraPiggy said...

Yup, I think you're hilarious too.

I can't stand a sales pusher!

Hanlie said...

Ah, but then again, some people have no imagination and no sense of humor! I think you're plenty funny!

starfish264 said...

God - I totally wish I'd been there to see that - I'd have been absolutely wetting myself laughing.

You have such a way with words when you write - I so look forward to your posts! :o)

Jack Sh*t, Gettin' Fit said...

"Would you like a lime with that?"

MochaTrina@Me So Hongry... said...

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Amanda said...

She's probably related to the evil wench who somehow thought when I said "black coffee" I really meant "latte".

Watching and Weighting said...

Damn you Jack! i was soooooooooooooo writing that!!! GRRRRRR!!

Sally you are hilarious (conmpletely barking, clearly, but hilarious)