Friday, September 11, 2009

Do As I Say, Not As I Do

Some people are followers.

Some people are leaders.

When I was a kid, like in elementary school, I was a follower.

On several occasions, I remember getting into trouble in school because I followed the lead of a friend and got caught doing something I wasn't supposed to be doing.

During these times, I distinctly remember that one teacher (By the way...You can bite me, Ms. Fifth Grade Teacher) who would ask me, "Why did you do that?"

Whatever "that" was at the time, I couldn't possibly remember. But I absolutely remember my answer. I looked the teacher in the eye, shrugged my shoulders, and said, "Because so and so (fill in the blank) told me to do it."

In return, Ms. Evil Fifth Grade Teacher responded, "AND if so and so (fill in the blank) told you to jump off of the Braga Bridge, would you do that, too?"

Give me a break, Ms. Fifth Grade Teacher who was always kind of jerky to me because I was not her "pet" like that ass kisser, Michelle, who sat right next to me. I knew my answer wasn't a good answer. But at least it was a true answer. Remember, I was a follower.

Today, I am proud to say that I'm more of a leader. Some would say that I live my life according to my own rules. I would say that in this stage of my life, I don't particularly give a crap about what other people think of me. So, I may dance to the beat of a different drum, so to speak.

Anyway, to prove my leadership abilities, I would like to share with you how I spent last evening.

Last night, Hubby and I went to a lovely tapas restaurant with our friends, Lou and Linda. And before you ask, YES I AM REFERRING TO...THAT LOU!

Anywho, we had a lovely assortment of tapas and several pitchers of Sangria between us. OH ALRIGHT...IT WAS SIX PITCHERS! BUT THEY WERE REALLY SMALL! AND WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO JUDGE, THE SANGRIA POLICE?

Sorry...small tangent...moving on...

So, after dinner, Hubby ordered a gigunda piece of chocolate cake and a glass of milk. When it came to the table, he tried it first and said, "Oh my God! This is the best piece of chocolate cake I have had in a LONG time. You have to try it."

Hey, you don't have to ask me twice.

So, I dug my fork in, took a big scoop and started savoring my bite for what it was....a big, fat forkful of H-E-A-V-E-N. Just as I was licking my chops, Lou picked up his camera and pretended to take my picture. So, I...you know...dancing to the beat of a different drum, stuck the cake to my front teeth and smiled REEEAAALLL WIDE! Click!

And here you have it:

Sally, Leader of the Pack


And you know...Because I am a leader, Larry, Moe, and Curly had to follow suit. Right?

Paul (Hubby), A.K.A Larry:


Lou, A.K.A Moe:


And last, but not least....Linda, A.K.A Curly:


For the record, I said I am A LEADER. I didn't say I was a ROLE MODEL. Seriously...Paul, Lou, and Linda...If I asked you to jump off of the Braga Bridge, would you do that, too?

Geez.

3 comments:

TjRenee said...

Oh my! Too funny!! hehehe

starfish264 said...

Nice!! I always look forward to your posts - irreverential and funny. Plus it makes me feel better that my friends and I aren't the only ones who mess around in restaurants taking daft pictures!

H.K. said...

If you could get your hubby and friends to take a pic with chocolate on their teeth....do you think you can have them do a photo op with chopsticks in their noses?