Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Is That A Tomato In Your Pocket, Or Are You Just Happy To See Me?

Sometimes my husband listens to me.

Like that one time....about....um....two years ago, when I told him about an article that I read which detailed the health benefits of including lycopene in your diet (which is found in tomato products) if you are a male and want to reduce your risk of developing prostate cancer.

Yeah. Like I said, SOMETIMES he listens to me. But, like his hearing, he does so selectively.

Case in point....Our one sided conversation during lunch yesterday:

Hubby: (as he was eating his whole wheat pasta with tomato sauce) This pasta sauce is good for me, right?

Me: (nodding yes...mouth was full...couldn't talk)

Hubby: What is it good for again?

Me: (mouth full...couldn't talk...POINTING TO HIS LAP)

Hubby: Oh, yeah....THE TESTICLES....

Me: (laughing my flipping ass off while trying not to choke on my pasta)

Hubby: WHAT?

Me: NOT YOUR TESTICLES! YOUR PROSTATE! (followed by uncontrollable laughter)

Hubby: Oh.....(pensively staring at me for a minute as I bust a gut)....You're going to put this on your blog, aren't you?

Me: Do testicles come in pairs? Bahahahahahahahaha (again with the uncontrollable laughter)!!!!

I hope he never uses this against me in a court of law...you know...as proof of cruel and unusual punishment or something....Bahahahahahaha!

1 comment:

Mandy's Life After 30 said...

Thank gawd I was not eating or drinking as I read your post! Hahahahah, this was sooo funny! Love how you gestured with your mouth full. Maybe next time you can do a drawing on your napkin. Think he might get it then? No, probably not. Men need to be reminded of their anatomy, apparently. :-) Thanks for the laugh today.