Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Highway Robbery

Today makes one week that I have faithfully worked out on George Clooney.

No, not the MAN, you Perv. The treadmill.

In case you didn't read this blog post last week, I have renamed my treadmill, George Clooney.

I don't know why. But, since I've stopped referring to it as that piece of shit in the basement, I feel more motivated. Sounds crazy. But, whatever works. Right?

Anyhow, this morning, after busting my hump all week on George Clooney (I just can't stop saying it), I went to Weight Watchers to weigh in. The result: my butt is down 3.2 pounds. Nice.

Now, I've said it before and I'll say it again. I am always happy with a weight loss.

But, I am also pissed at the injustice that is the male metabolic system.

You see, this morning, the Hubby jumped out of bed and yelled, "It's weigh in day!"

Yep. You guessed it. He's been eating what I'm eating (except more of it) and pretty much doing what I'm doing...EXCEPT FOR WORKING OUT ON GEORGE CLOONEY (or at all, for that matter).

And this morning, as he jumped on the scale in the bathroom (which, by the way, I refer to as that piece of shit in the bathroom), I heard him whooping it up and yelling, "Oh my God, Sal! I lost SIX pounds!"

Yep.

Hubby: -6 pounds

Sally: -3 pounds

Gotta freakin love it.

Anyway, this situation has inspired me to work even harder to lose weight this week. I am seriously going to work my freakin ass off.

And next week, on weigh in day?

I AM going to lose MORE weight than the Hubby.

And when that happens, I'm not going to yell, "Oh my God, Paul! I lost XYZ pounds (like he did to me)!"

Nope.

Instead, I'm going to yell, "DUDE! IN.YOUR.FACE!"

Yeah.

I guess you could say that I'm a tad bit competitive.

5 comments:

starfish264 said...

Haaa haaaaaa - that'll teach him to have a stupid metabolism!!!! Guys are rubbish like that - can't they be a least a bit sympathetic and have a crappy metabolism like us women. Nooooooooo.

Tsk.

I'm going to the gym now, to sweat some more of my reluctant-to-let-it-go ass

Kimberley said...

Great loss. I will look forward to the in.your.face post next week!

Anonymous said...

Dearest Sally,

I applaud your efforts both in consumption and energy expenditure. I sympathize with your frustration re the man's freaking metabolism. Now I don't want to rain on your parade but I, as the OFFICIAL BARB, cannot let you set yourself up for a virtually inevitable fall. Unless your husband straps himself to an all you can eat buffet for the next week he will most likely lose more. My husband has consistently lost more than me the bahstahd without dieting, and hell he only plays hockey once a week. I exercise 6 flippin days a week. No fair.

Alas, life is not fair. HOWEVER, never let it be said that I'm a wet blanket, IF you manage to beat your husband FAIR AND SQUARE (no anorexic/bulimic stuff, no pills, just diet and exercise) then I will...hmmm....what would be an appropriate award from some strange babe on the internet... dunno. Let me think about it. Certainly I will shower you with the praise you will so richly deserve. IF NOT, I will pass the virtual kleenexes.

Barb

Anonymous said...

That is the funniest thing I have read, recently!

Sally said...

Barb,
No crazy stuff for me...Weight watchers and working out...that's it.

However, I am considering your idea about handcuffing Mr. Weight Loss to an all you can eat buffet.

Thanks for that ;)