Tuesday, October 13, 2009

In Your Face!

Woke up this morning to the Hubby happily shouting, "It's weigh-in day!"
(For an overview of the last weigh-in day, click here.)

Then he got out of bed, ran his happy ass over to the bathroom, and hopped on the scale. The next thing I heard was, "OH WHAT THE HELL?! ONLY A HALF A POUND! THAT"S IMPOSSIBLE!"

The next thing he heard was me, hiding under the covers, giggling and rejoicing in his HALF POUND weight loss. YES, I thought. I've got this week ALL SEWN UP!

Fast forward to later in the morning at my Weight Watchers weigh-in. I was waiting in line with a big shit eating grin on my face just knowing that I HAD beaten the Hubby in weight loss this week.

It was finally my turn. I smiled at the receptionist, hopped on the scale, and awaited my prize. A few seconds later, she smiled back and said, "Good for you! You're down 1.2 pounds."

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I win.

After my WW meeting, I ran to the car, pulled out my cell phone, and called the Hubby at work. Before he could get a word in, I yelled, "I lost 1.2 pounds! In your face!"

His response?

"Uh, Sal? How can it be in my face when you're telling me over the phone? Doesn't it make more sense to in my face me in person?"

"Hmmm...I guess so. OK. I'll see you in a few minutes," I replied.

Did I mention that we work together? And every joy filled workday is filled with rainbows and unicorns (NOT)!

So, I drove to work, ran into the office and yelled, "In your face!"

And?

The Hubby looked at me like I was crazy and responded, "Too late. The momentum is gone. Good for you, though." And he went back to reading some blueprints.

Damn it. After all of my hard work, I can't get no satisfaction.

Now I understand what Mick Jagger was really talking about.

6 comments:

Debs said...

Congrats, you win!!! Well, you and George Clooney.

Jack Sh*t, Gettin' Fit said...

He's got you on a technicality. In the future, always remember to "in your face" him in his face. That makes it a lot more "in your face."

starfish264 said...

Technicality, schmechnicality - your hubby's just being a sore loser! I say continue to rub it in his face all week!! (Just as long as you don't get it thrown back in your face next week lol).

Anonymous said...

WELL DONE! I'll bet that felt great. Now keep wiping the floor with him.
Rah rah rah goooooooo Sal!
Barb

Watching and Weighting said...

ahahaha! You nutter! I do so love the idea of you and hub competing! i may take up the 'in your face' challenge with my hubster!

great postxxx

H.K. said...

Oh, I think the hubby may be a wee bit jealous. Great job on the weight loss!