Thursday, October 8, 2009

Labels

I recently had some calling cards printed up with my blog address on them.

I don't refer to them as "business cards" because there is nothing businesslike about this blog. It's merely a place where I blab about my life...purely for shits and giggles. Seriously.

When someone says to me, "Oh, I read your blog post the other day about how you wanted to force feed your husband Twinkies," I still feign amazement because most of the time, I really think that I'm just talking to myself.

Anyway, the cards...

I had them printed up because lots of times, during conversations with friends, family, and acquaintances, the subject of my blog comes up. And I am usually asked what the web address is. It's much easier to hand someone a card then to write down your web address on a cocktail napkin.

When deciding what to print on my cards, I had to ask myself, what kind of a blogger am I? I mean...bitching about my butt size and the a-hole who invented chocolate dipped cheesecake on a stick does not a weight loss blogger make. That's for sure.

So, I came up with this:



*Life (includes my Hubby, my friends, my family, my experiences, and my Mother...who clearly lacks a mouth filter)

*Liberty (the occasional freedom to eat a cannoli and bitch about it later)

*And the Pursuit of a Smaller Ass (It's never ending, people.)

I'd say that pretty much sums me up. No?

6 comments:

Jack Sh*t, Gettin' Fit said...

I like it.

And I don't think a weight loss blog has to be a never-ending moan-and-bitchfest or a laundry list of eating rules.

Sometimes it's better to just say something in an interesting way and, every once in a while, make people stop and think.

Keep up the great work!

happyfunpants said...

CUTE!

Where'd you get them printed? I've been thinking of doing the same thing - although I am almost positive that my readership is significantly lower than yours.

But I always feel weird when people ask for the address because they're usually all "Happy WHAT pants??"

Great idea though - really.

Sally said...

Jack-
Thank you.

Ms Pants.-
I had them printed at vistaprint.com. Cheap prices and excellent quality!! I swear they didn't pay me to say that ;)

Amanda said...

Those are great! I think the descriptors are quite accurate.

Hanlie said...

That's a great idea and I love your cards!

H.K. said...

I love it! You're inspiring me to get my own web card too!