Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Stop Your Whining, Bitch.


Sunday into Monday, there was a flood at my work.

Monday afternoon, said flood caused all kinds of problems with my computer network.

Tuesday afternoon, my main computer...the one I do EVERYTHING on (including writing my blog) ...CRASHED and burned, people!

Crashed and freakin burned!

And I? Was like an effin crazy lady!

The computer tech that we always use came quickly. And when he saw me, he looked very scared.

Why?

I'm not really sure.

My husband said maybe it's because I was running around yelling and screaming Why? Why? Why? a la Nancy Kerrigan when she got cracked in the leg with THE pipe.

Hmmm...I guess that'd do it.

Anyway, yesterday, after such an exhausting two days of dealing with a messy clean-up and computer bullshit at work, I went out for dinner with my friend Heather and then to do some shopping.

While at the mall, I briefly spoke to my friend Lou on my cell phone and he proceeded to tell me about his niece who is in her forties, has three small children, and yesterday? As I was stomping about all day (during and after work), huffing and puffing about how much my day sucked?

She was at the hospital from eight o'clock in the morning until seven o'clock at night...getting the first chemotherapy treatment in her battle against lymphoma.

BAM!

Nothing like being bitch slapped back to reality.

Gratitude, people.

Live it. Learn it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, my daughter called this morning. She and my grandson (10 mos old) have swine flu. They and my son-in-law (cause he's exposed) are now quarantined for five days. And here I was bitching about having to write an essay.

Talk about getting your priorities straightened out.

Barb

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I meant to mention that I sincerely hope Lou's niece recovers.

Barb

MB said...

I love this post. When I stop and think about real suffering I realize I don't have it so bad. I guess it's life's way of reminding us how good we have it and should count our blessings.

Anonymous said...

Great blog entry! Excellent example of how we need to re-evaluate our situations and keep ourselves in check. We all have been gulity of this at some point in time. Keep up the good work Sal.
Brian

Sally said...

Barb~
I wish your daughter's family a speedy recovery.

XOXO,
Sally