Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Like Your Face, Traditions Are Made To Be Broken.

This morning's conversation---as I was trying to brush my teeth--- between me and Hubs:

Hubs: (standing over my shoulder): I hope you like what I got you for Christmas.

Me (mouth full of toothpaste): mmmshriwllll *translation: I'm sure I will.*

Hubs: I hope so. Because you can't return it.

Me (mouth still full of toothpaste): Whhrrry nttt? *translation: Why not?*

Hubs: Because I washed my pants with the store receipt in my front pocket.

Me (spitting toothpaste foam): Hmmm....Well, If you bought me that crockpot that I want more than life itself, that shouldn't be a problem.

That's when he walked away....shaking his head....a worried look upon his face.....

I sure hope the in-laws like microwave popcorn.

Oh, what the hell! It's Christmas!

Maybe I'll be a sport and expand their Christmas dinner menu. I'm thinking I'll throw in some Doritos and tap water, too.

2 comments:

Jack Sh*t, Gettin' Fit said...

I suggest you not even pop it. Just place the package on each plate and say "Bon f*ckin' appetit. Oh, and by the way, the microwave's on the fritz..."

Sally said...

Jack,

You are so with me on this! I LOVE YOU, MAN!

I suddenly feel like sharing a Bud Light with you...

XOXO,
Sally