Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Why My Glass Is Always Half Full...

Today's blog post will be short because I am at work and things here are CUH-RAZY busy. Right this moment, Hubby is at the opposite end of the building dealing with an anally retentive mechanical engineer. I could not take listening to him (the engineer, not the Hubby) for one more second so I walked away stating that I had some very important phone calls to make.

So here I am, with you, my bloggy peeps.

FYI? I love you man.

Anywho, I've got two things to tell you. The first is that I just got back from my Weight Watcher's weigh in. And? I lost .4 pounds. What the hell is .4? I've taken dumps bigger than that! Geez!

I know, I know.

I'm c-l-a-s-s-y, huh?

Oh, well. I can't be perfect every week. And a loss is a loss...even if it is a sucky loss. I'll do better next week. I swear to George Clooney, I will.

The second thing I wanted to share with you is, you know how yesterday I told you all about my Mom and her lack of mouth filter? Yeah, well something you don't know about her is that she weighs 128 pounds...and she has given birth to nine...COUNT EM'...NINE children.

I swear to crap, she is a little, little woman with a GINORMOUS personality.

Anyway, last night when I was on the phone with her, I was complaining about struggling with my weight and I told her I wished I had gotten my metabolism from her.

She responded, *insert Portuguese accent here* "No. You getta
yo-wa fulla fig-ya from your father's side of the family. But, dat's OK. Like a lot a doze ASS-OLES
, at least you not a DRUNK."

And her sweet streak continues....

5 comments:

Mrs. B said...

I love the stories about your mother, especially when you do her accent! haha!

Rapunzel said...

there's a little award for you on my blog, my dear. :)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad she's YOUR mother...
Keep at George-- the first pounds are the easiest so you are just hitting the harder part. This too shall pass...
Barb

cmoursler said...

ahhhh, that brought a tear to my eye.
She's sentimental. lol.
Love your mother.
She would be a blast to hang out with.

'Drea said...

Your mom is right; being a drunk would make it worse -- think about all of the calories from the excessive consumption of alcohol...