Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Gag Me With A Soup Spoon (No Pun Intended)

In case you didn't already know this, I am a foodie.

I know, I know. Shocking, right?

And sometimes, I buy new food products just because I like their creative packaging. Technically, I guess that means that I'm easily swayed by the marketing dudes.

That being said, I'd like you to know that EVEN I---who have a love/hate relationship with food (too much love, not enough hate), have standards, PEOPLE.

That means if you're trying to sell me a food product, you'd better make it LOOK and SOUND awfully appealing. Not like these guys (had to be men)...who've got it ALL FLIPPING WRONG:


Cuz, in the grand scheme of things? There is no freakin way in Hell that I am buying this product because at first glance, it reminds me of men's' pee pees. And that is NOT the picture that my mind wants to conjure up when I'm trying to eat. Just saying....

And if you don't believe that this product is for real, I did the research for you because I am your friend and that's how I roll. So, go! And buy it here.

Place your order now! You'll have it in time for Mother's Day! Because nothing says I Love You, Mom more than a case of Ding Dong Soup (Seriously, marketing people?).

Mmmmm...yummy.

5 comments:

Kyle Gershman said...

If this company also sells meat balls, I'm outtie.

All of these products seem to be from Jamaica...Tastee Cheese is also intersting.

With Cock Flavoured Soup, I'm now highly concerned about Jerk Chicken.

egads!

Bippy Mama said...

I'll disturb you even further: we discovered this lovely product in THE CHILDREN'S MUSEUM IN BOSTON! They have a play neighborhood store in there, and this product was proudly displayed on a shelf, behind glass. I guess they were afraid of people taking it?

I of course gave it as a gag gift to my gay husbands.

Sally said...

Kyle,

Thank you for painting THAT picture for me. BLECH!

Sally ;)

Sally said...

Oh, Bips! Only you....

Katie said...

Too, too funny!