Today, after taking a six week hiatus, I went back to Weight Watchers.
And I did so for these reasons:
* I missed my WW friends, who are funny as shit.
* I missed the WW leader, who just happens to be my Hubby's aunt.
* I love the recipes that Auntie WW Leader shares with the class!
* When I am there, I'm not at work. Call me a slacker....I don't give a crap.
* My arse gets smaller---QUICKER, when I am accountable to someone other than myself.
* I just really like that meeting because it's fun.
Now, I know that I told you all about my reading that Oprah book, Women Food And God by Geneen Roth. And I know that I told you how much I really liked the book because it deals with the behaviors that cause people to overeat. However, you know that part of the book that said you should NEVER diet again? Well, don't get me wrong. That's a liberating idea. But, I really missed WW. And being a cardiac patient, I figure, it can't be a bad thing to analyze my food related behaviors AND follow a heart healthy eating plan, right?
Anyway, on May 12TH, Ms. Oprah is scheduled to do a whole show on how she has finally seen the light and will NEVER diet again thanks to Roth's book.
But, you know what? I'm not friggin Oprah. And I'm going to do what's right for me, and not what's right for her.
For once in my life, I've decided to stop following the leader...especially since THAT LEADER has an ass that's bigger than mine.