Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A Lesson In Biology AND A Recipe?! Who's Better Than Me?

Happy Weight Loss Recipe Wednesday, Peeps!

Today's recipe is a real sweet treat! And if you LOVE chocolate and peanut butter, you are going to want to be my BFF. Seriously.

Last night, for the first time ever, I made Chocolate Peanut Butter Haystacks using Fiber One cereal. Here's the recipe and the directions:

Chocolate Peanut Butter Haystacks
1 Cup Fiber One Cereal
1.5 oz milk chocolate, broken up (You can use a 1.5 oz Hershey Bar)
1 Tblsp. creamy reduced fat peanut butter

Directions:
Place chocolate and peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl.


In microwave, melt chocolate and peanut butter together on high until smooth (stirring every 30 seconds).


Stir chocolate and peanut butter mixture together until well blended, then add Fiber One cereal to melted chocolate.


Gently toss till coated.


Drop onto wax paper, making 6 stacks (1 WW Point each). Place in the freezer for fifteen minutes, until chocolate hardens. Store in refrigerator. YUM!


Don't let the fact that these haystack cookies look like little piles of ca-ca fool you (OMG! They really freakin do!). They are delish!

And speaking of ca-ca, I must offer y'all word of caution...

For those of you who've never had Fiber One cereal before, there's a WHOPPING 14 grams of fiber in every cup! Holy freakin crap, people! Literally!

And when you consume lots of fiber, you know what happens, right?

If you don't, here's the deal...

You MUST drink lots of liquids (water is your amigo) when you consume mucho fiber! That's what'll keep you pooping like a normal person.

On the other hand, if you eat crap loads of fiber (pun intended), but do not drink enough liquids, you will poop rocks. Plain and simple.

And Dudes? I'm not talking pebbles here. I'm talking RIVER ROCKS! I'm talking BRICKS! I'm talking BOULDERS that will make you feel like you are pooping out pieces of Mt. Rushmore!

Trust me, people.

It's no freakin fun.

So, drink your water!

And for this fancy schmancy lesson in biology/nutrition?

You're very welcome, dudes!

11 comments:

Emilia said...

They look like piles in the same way that spaghetti looks like worms, at least to me, but I believe you that they taste good!

And oh-emm-gee, water is so important when you are eating lots of fibre. Love your blog, great job :)

Katy said...

Fiber One bars are NOT my friend. They are very tasty, but no mas!

BippyMama said...

I believe you Bips, but Fiber One is AKA "Colon Blow" in Bippy Mama's House. I a-scared of Fiber One.

jeninfer chaves said...

it looks like explosive diarrhea balls .
love jennifer

Rosa said...

I had to put my hand over my mouth in order to stop from belting out a huge laugh. That was too funny. Off to get some water. Thanks for the advisement.

Amanda said...

I remember the first time I ate a Fiber One bar.

Vividly.

*shudder*

H.K. said...

That looks delicious! I love simple recipes especially the ones that have chocolate & peanut butter-yumm!

Ms. PJ Geek said...

ok i had to re read that twice..1 point huh...hmmm...going on vacay soon..this could work. I now rechristen these "poopie piles"

as a nurse, these frank discussions are cool.

T. Michelle said...

just found your blog via *bitch cakes* and you literally had me laughing out loud! (at work!). I'm gonna try that recipe too especially since i recently acquired a shit load of fiber one samples from my dr. office. I didnt know what I was going to do with them but now i know :-)

thanks for the laugh...you've got a new stalker. ta-ta!

Lynda S said...

Thank you for a great laugh at the end of a long, stressful day! Seriously, LMAO!!!

Hanlie said...

So that's why... Never mind!