Friday, April 2, 2010

Sally & Oprah: Soul Sisters In Trunk Junk

Remember that book that I told you about last week? The one that I read, reviewed, and really liked because it addresses WHY women have love/hate relationships with food (click here to see it)?

Yeah, well. What I didn't tell you is that I read it for OPRAH. Well, technically not for Oprah, but for Oprah Radio.

And yesterday? I got a call from this very nice lady, Leslie, who works for Oprah Radio (XM Channel 156) and she invited me to take part in a radio show with Oprah and Geneen Roth, who is the author of the aforementioned book, Women Food And God. It's going to happen on Monday, April 5Th at 1:30 Central Time.

HOLY FRICKIN CRAP, PEOPLE! DID YOU HEAR ME? I SAID OPRAH!!

And do you know what the funny thing is? When I read the book and wrote down my thoughts about it, I did it the same way in which I write my blog. I was honest.

I really liked it and I decided that I would take its principles and try my best to utilize them...really practice them. I began to internally inquire about my behaviors before I ate anything. And I stopped blaming my butt size on WHAT I eat in lieu of understanding WHY I eat. And you know what? It's all new to me and I'm taking it one day at a time. But, so far (without killing myself), I've lost six pounds. Whoo hoo!

Anyway, the other thing that I find ironic about this whole Oprah/Radio thing is this. I have always been a BIG Oprah fan.

I have always wanted to go and see her show.

A few times, I've called to try to get tickets only to hear an incessant busy signal on the other end of the telephone line, so I gave up.

Then, I tried getting tickets online.

But, when you go to the "Do you want to be on the show?" section of the show's website, it always asks questions like:

*Are you addicted to prescription drugs? Unless my relationship with cheesecake counts, that's a no, Oprah.

*Are you leading a secret double life? Good Lord. My life is as boring as sh*t. And to top it off, I have a blog where I bitch about the size of my ass to the entire Internet! And I lack a mouth filter! There is no freakin way in hell that I can keep a secret, people.

*Do you need Suze Orman to give you a financial smack down? Again, that's a no, Ope!I am currently not a bazillion dollars in debt (Thank you, Jesus!) and even if I was, I wouldn't tell Suze Orman because she's like the Judge Judy of money and she scares the crap out of me.

And while I'm on a roll, some other categories that have kept me from being on Oprah are: I am not a closet lesbian, my husband is not undergoing transgender surgery to have his dingus removed, and I am not a hoarder.

Geez...I never realized how NORMAL I really am (stop laughing)!

Anywho, who'd a thunk that my constant pursuit of a smaller ass is what would finally unite me with the big O? Sally and Oprah: United By The Junk In Their Trunks....

Isn't it ironic? Dontcha think? Okay. I'm suddenly turning into Alanis Morissette, but whatever.

So, that's the deal, my friends. If you have access to XM Radio and are around on Monday at 1:30 Central Time, tune into Oprah Radio on Channel 156 to hear my take on Women Food And God. Oh, and you know how people talk about the POWER OF PRAYER? Yeah, well let's put it to the test. Collectively, I'd like us all to pray that I don't make an ass of myself on live radio. Amen.

8 comments:

Debs said...

OMG!!!! That's excellent. You'll be famous, maybe even a talk show host! What out Oprah, it could be Sally soon!

Sally said...

Good Lord, Deb.

Amanda said...

Hey, I'd watch The Sally Show. I'd have to be far, far away from my keyboard though, to protect it from when I choke and giggle.

P.S. Sally, you know the age you turned? It smacked me upside my ass today. Pray for me.

cmoursler said...

yeah, me too. I used my sarcasm and humor to deflect my feelings. then I came to the same realization.
That's when the weight came off.

Bippy Mama said...

Bips, you are the most honest person I know. I love you. I am so happy that your dreams are becoming reality. I'll do my damndest to listen on Monday.

Love,

Bippy

Kyle Gershman said...

You totally deserve the recognition!

Coincidentally and with much less glamor and fanfare, I gave you for an award. I hope you'll accept it! Thanks for your continued blogging.

Sally said...

Oh, Amanda! Happy Belated Birthday!

Please accept my sympathies. Hehehe. Just kidding! Someone once told me that 40 was the new 30! And I wanted to punch them in the head! So, I'm not going to say that to you :)

Welcome to the club!

Sally said...

Kyle---Thanks for the award! FINALLY an accomplishment that my Mother will be proud of!