Friday, May 28, 2010

Gratitude....It Does The Body Good

Happy Friday, Peeps!

And not only is it Friday, dudes! But, it's also the beginning of Memorial Day weekend! HELLO UNOFFICIAL BEGINNING OF SUMMER! Woot woot!

In my dreams, I would be leaving right about now for my house in the Hamptons.

However, in reality, my husband has reminded me that we are working class stiffs. THUS, we are too poor to own a house in the Hamptons. Damn buzz kill.

So, what exciting things are y'all doing this weekend? Tell me! Tell me! Make me jealous and let me live vicariously through you!

Hubby and I are actually working most of this weekend. He's conned me into it, but that's OK because in exchange for my laboring soul, he has agreed to let me drag him to the Sex and the City 2 movie. That's right, people. I go to work with him, and he watches a movie about vajayjays for me.

That's fair, right?

Oh, well....So, that's all I got, my friends!

I hope you all have a glorious and safe holiday weekend!

And remember! This holiday weekend isn't about stuffing yourself silly with burgers and dogs.

It's really about this:


And this:


Have a grateful Memorial Day!

And God Bless America!

3 comments:

Ms. PJ Geek said...

Would love to hear what you thought of the movie. Many people are saying they don't like it. Personally , it was right up my alley and the clothes are way out eye candy anyway.

Anonymous said...

My father-in-law survived 6 years overseas in WWII (Canada got into the fray in 1939). My grandfather-in-law survived Vimy and Paschendale; he came home and was grateful for every day that he had. Both of them would say eat, drink and be merry because your happiness is the greatest tribute to the lives lost. Go to a cenotaph, write down a few names, and drink a toast to their names.

Barb

Anna said...

All of my daughters are in town for the youngest high school graduation this coming Saturday. Had a huge baby shower/cookout Monday, but rode in Thunder Run in DC with my brother (who still serves) in honor of my father, father-in-law, and grandfathers! Amazing sense of community! HOW was the movie? I'm want to see it, even though it hasn't gotten great reviews (and am also making the hubster take me - hehehe!).