Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Working Class Dog

Today, I'm supposed to post a recipe, but I'm not. Know why?

Last night, I didn't cook. I worked late, AGAIN.

Damn that work bullshit! It really cramps my style!

Instead, I got take-out, went home and ate, took a bath, buzzed around on Facebook (Friend me, if you're not a crazy mofo!) for a few minutes, read a book, and THEN the Hubby and I indulged in one of our new obsessions.

NO, not THAT! You PERVS!

I'm talking about that new reality show, Selling New York.

Have any of you seen this shit?

Dudes! We can't get enough!

It's a show about these two real estate companies that sell BAZILLION dollar apartments in New York City. Every half hour show is similar in that the realtors involved are either meeting with clients to show properties for sale or meeting with clients to score listings.

It's a fascinating look into the realm of the FILTHY STINKIN RICH!

I love it because I get to tour BEAUTIFUL residences that I can only dream about!

Of course, the funnest part? Is the fact that the whole time we're watching the show, my husband and I are yelling vulgarities and flipping off the television in JEALOUS unison. Last night's conversation went like this:

Hubby: That apartment is $3.8767566756589457483748274 million dollars?! WTF? WHO THE HELL CAN AFFORD THAT?

Me: I know! WHAT DO THOSE WHORES DO FOR A LIVING?! GEEZ!

Hubby: The commission on that apartment is $360,000.00?! WTF?

Me: BALLS! If I was that realtor, I would sell that ONE apartment, then sit on my freakin ass for the next TWO YEARS!

After the show was over, Hubby and I went off to bed. But our grumbling continued...

Me: That show really pisses me off! It makes me feel like an underachiever.

Hubby: I know! Can you believe people really live like that?!

Me: If they knew how much we paid for property taxes, THEY WOULD LAUGH IN OUR FACES!

Hubby: No shit! That's what they pay PER MONTH in condo fees!

Me: I friggin hate rich people.

Hubby: Yeah...me, too. Oh, well. SOME PEOPLE HAVE TO WORK IN THE MORNING. Time to get some sleep. We have a busy day tomorrow...GOOD NIGHT, LOSER!

Me: GOOD NIGHT, WELFARE CASE!

In case you had any doubt? Yeah. We really were made for each other.

7 comments:

Kimberley said...

I am not a crazy mofo...I am Kay Phoenix on FB. I don't know how to find you...I tried what I think your name is, but none of those ladies look like you.

Colon is my word verification...not sure if that is a sign.

Heather said...

You know what would make you feel better? The Devil's little necks. Just sayin....

H.K. said...

I actually like watching reality shows that has a bunch of idiots because it makes me feel better about myself for example Jersey Shores or MTV Real World. I know it's pathetic.

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! At our home we are hooked on that show, too. I have similar thoughts while watching it. You bet Hubby and you were made for each other. And by the way Hubby isn't that small. Do not worry about the extra pounds, you have a beautiful face and and you are a caring person with a mind of its own! It sounds good to me.

Sara said...

You are hilarious! Love to read your blog because you actually write what the rest of us feel like ;-)

Sally said...

Awwww...Thank you gals for the lovely compliments. You rock!!!

Kimberley? I couldn't find you on FB either! The name on my profile is this:

Sally Araujo Costa

Try that!!

XOXO,
Sally ;)

Mishy said...

that name does not come up for me on FB. Boo!!