Friday, July 16, 2010

Auntie Dearest

My nephew, Jon, came to visit me at work last week. He's nine and is very funny, really smart, and extremely inquisitive (GOOD LORD does he ask A LOT of questions!).

On the day that he came, he was lingering around in my office, looking for something to do, when suddenly---Auntie Sally got a brilliant idea. Uh-oh.

I had this fluorescent green highlighter in my hand that JUST HAPPENED to match his shirt, so I said, "Hey Jon! My marker matches your shirt! If you let me draw a tattoo on your arm with it, I'll take your picture and put it on the Internet!"

Immediately, he replied, "Cool!"

He pulled a chair over next to mine and I began writing on his arm.

All of a sudden, he asked, "Um. Auntie?"

Me: What, Jon?

Jon: You're not going to make me look like a dork, are you?

Me: Me? NOOOOOOO! Of course not! Why would you think that? *hehehehe*

Finally, I finished his "tattoo." And I took these two pictures of him BEFORE I let him read what I wrote:




THEN, he looked in the mirror.

And he started yelling, "NO WAY! YOU CAN'T PUT THAT ON THE INTERNET!"

So, I begged and I pleaded and we came to an agreement.

Jon decided that he would pose for ONE more picture, which would showcase his tattoo, but conceal his identity. You know...Cuz he doesn't want to look like a dork.

So, here it is:


Um...Do me a favor, people. Please disregard the first two photos of Jon. He loves his Auntie Sally, but is not real cool with the entire Internet knowing that.

Hehehe...

Apparently, you're never too young for me to screw with you.

3 comments:

Hanlie said...

Seeing as you have no kids of your own, isn't he the one who is going to be choosing your nursing home? Just asking...

Anonymous said...

He's ADORABLE! But don't tell him I said that, he wouldn't want to know that the Internet thinks he's sweet....

The Internet (Barb)

Anonymous said...

That's really cute. You can tell your nephew he doesn't look like a dork, he looks pretty tough actually.