Thursday, August 26, 2010

And Before You Ask? Peanut Butter Is Not Fruit, Either.

In my quest for good health AND a skinny ass, I've been trying to incorporate more fresh fruits and vegetables into my diet. And since I AM the cook in the house, I'm forcing my husband to do the same. Yes. I said forcing.

The following is a conversation that Hubs and I had yesterday during lunch, as a result of my attempts....

Me: Look what I bought from the farmer's market! Fresh cherries! Have some.

Hubs: *Completely unexcited, reaches for the cherries. He eats FIVE, then quits.*

Me: Aren't they sooooo sweet? Have some more.

Hubs: Nah. I'm good.

Me: I thought you liked cherries?

Hubs: They're okay. *PAUSE* I'm not really a fruit person.

Me: Well, you should be. Seriously, Paul. It's good for you. You should really try to eat more fruit.

Hubs: I don't like it.

Me: That's ridiculous. There are so many kinds of fruit in this world. You don't like any of it?

Hubs: I like corn.

Me: CORN IS NOT A FRUIT!

Hubs: *pondering* Ooooh! You know what else I like?

Me: What?

Hubs: I like SOUR PATCH KIDS!

Me: WHA?

Hubs: I SAID I like SOUR PATCH KIDS!

Me: Seriously, dude?

Hubs: What?! They're FRUITY?!

Me: So was Liberace! SOUR PATCH KIDS ARE NOT FRIGGIN FRUIT, EITHER!!!

Hubs: *defeated* Oh.


Clearly, I'm fighting an uphill battle here, people.

3 comments:

MB said...

You and hubs should have come to VT last weekend for our corn and peanut butter fest - he would have loved it - not a piece of fruit to be seen.

Ten Pounds said...

Fruit only tastes nice when you stop eating the other, bad stuff, I think. There's no doubt it can be kinda dull.mupedly

Kyle Gershman said...

Yeah...my wife might make the same claims about me, though I do like fruit...maybe not all the fruit she likes, but still.

And after many many years, I have now accepted cherries into my list.

Oh...tomato is a fruit therefore Paul's ketchup servings could count...right?