Thursday, August 12, 2010

Like Popeye, I Am What I Am...

I wrote a post today about the "famous" people that I met while in New York last weekend, but I've decided to put in on hold until tomorrow. Ooooh! You're going to be soooo jealous!

However, today? I want to address something.

In the last couple of days, I've received some backlash about what I write, both HERE and on FACEBOOK.

NEWSFLASH: SOME PEOPLE MAY FIND ME OFFENSIVE

For the record, I just want to say that when I write, I try to project my feelings about an event that happened in my life as honestly as possible.

For example? That incident with Elevator Chick? Yeah. I didn't know her from Jack (I did meet her later and LOVED her). But I do know that AT THE TIME of our first meeting, our interaction left me feeling slighted. And in that blog post, my choice of words when describing her, reflects that.

And while I'm on the subject....

If anyone out there wants to call me a "skinny" ANYTHING...including---but not limited to a whore, skank, or bitch, (FYI...I love the "Skinny Bitch" books on weight loss by Rory Freedman/Kim Barnouin), I would take it as a compliment and possibly do naked cartwheels throughout the streets of NYC. But, that's just me....

In this great country that I call home, I am SO FLIPPIN THRILLED to be able to express myself via so many means of social media. I know how lucky I am because I actually met women from other countries whose lives are at risk because they blog. Can you even imagine that?

So, here's the deal.

If you want to read what I have to say, I AM HONORED and HUMBLED...really and truly.

That being said, if you can't take a joke, don't like me, or don't like the way that I express myself, then change the freakin channel.

I don't need readers bad enough to compromise who I am.

20 comments:

Allan said...

Ramadan hunger strikes !!!!
Oy vey

Jack Sh*t, Gettin' Fit said...

Didn't know her from Jack? Why you gotta drag me into this?

Sally said...

Hahaha! Allan? You get me!

Sally said...

I love you Jack!!!!!!!!!!!! Shhh...Don't tell Anita. The last think I need is a jealous wife sh*t storm.

XOXO,
Sally ;)

Allan said...

I get you !!! Tell the spouses, on my way...I tried...

Jen said...

Sal...keep saying what you say and doin what you do....don't let the door slam on your ass if you don't like Sal's stuff.....Rock on Sal!!!!!

Jo said...

it's because of who you are that I come here every day and curse you when you don't update daily!!

thanks for a great blog!

Sally said...

Dear Jen & Jo,

You two are my new BFF's. Consider yourselves warned!

XOXO,
Sally ;)

Kimberley said...

It is so easy to stop reading, turn off, do whatever.

I am also able to stop without having to let someone know why I am stopping.

If I don't like it, I don't read it. Simple.

I like you. I read you. Simple.

There is also the hope that one day my connection to you will lead to a Lou meeting.

Sally said...

Kimberely,

I like you, too!

But are you saying that I am just a "pawn" in your little quest to meet Lou?

Man! He is going to rub this sh*t in my face for sure!

Thanks for reading!
XOXO,
Sally ;)

Jo said...

All I can say is, Kimberly, you better be careful what you wish for...

Deborah said...

Love you Sally, stay true to yourself. It's why I read your blog.

Amy Dee said...

Nicely said.....Being brutally honest is a gift I possess and appreciate! Keep it up!

MB said...

Yo, Skinny Bitch - I LOVE YOU! I don't understand why people continue reading blogs they find offensive. Obviously, they get something out of it or they would just move on, right? Don't ever compromise.

Sally said...

Thanks everybody! I'm feeling the love!

Special THANKS to MB for calling me a "Skinny Bitch!" I see naked cartwheels in my future! Whoo hoo!

MB said...

WOOOOHOOOOO!!! Who has the video camera?

Kathy said...

I look forward to "WTF is she going to write next". Love the mom stories!!! Keep it up.

Debby said...

Amen. Like Grandma used to say "Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke."

Mishy said...

YOU ARE FREAKING AWESOME! if i wasn't so lazy and didn't enjoy TV so much, i'd be writing a blog very similar to yours. i enjoy you, don't ever change. now i have to go read the rest of your posts... see, i'm lazy, i'm behind by like two whole weeks.

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog - you are awesome - so funny! I was laughing out loud here at work!
Kristen