Monday, November 1, 2010

Maybe Next Time, Slick Willy

Yesterday, Bill Clinton came to Rhode Island to campaign for Frank Caprio, the democratic candidate for governor of Rhode Island.

Unless you've been living under a rock for the last week, you know that Mr. Caprio is the same dude who last week, was a little out of sorts when President Obama came to Rhode Island to rake in some cash, but NOT to endorse him, his fellow Democrat.

Mr. Caprio was ticked off. So much so, that he told the world ON LIVE RADIO that the President of the United States could take his endorsement AND JUST "SHOVE IT."

Oh.Yes.He.Did.

And so, to TRY and make up for some of Mr. Caprio's decline in the polls (due to his outburst), Bill Clinton (Slick Willy) rode into town to schmooze with the locals...ON HALLOWEEN, y'all.

And that gave me a super frickin idea.

You see?

I just happen to own a BLUE DRESS.

I also happen to own a beret.

And some red lipstick.

You see where I'm going with this, right?

So, I posted this as my status on Facebook:

Sally Araujo Costa: Hmmm....Bill Clinton...rally on Halloween @3:00, Veteran's Memorial in Providence...for his pal, "Shove It Caprio." Thinking it might be fun to go dressed as Monica Lewinsky.

In response, I got a sh*tload of support.

I had people offer to come with me dressed as STAINS, CIGARS, and HILLARY. Hahahaha! It was brilliance in the making!

But then?

I told my sister about my impending plan. And she was all, "Just remember something. If you get arrested? Yeah. I'll bail your ass out. BUT, If you end up on the news? Mom is going to kill you."

Suffice to say, her reasoning was enough to make me chicken out.

Because, dudes?

I'm not ashamed to admit it...

My name is Sally. I'm forty-one years old. AND? I'm still ascared of my Mother.

If you ask me, that's the mark of some great parenting, people.

2 comments:

Mishy said...

there's always next year.

cmoursler said...

oh yeah,but you haven't really lived till you get arrested at a political rally. just sayin'...it would have been epic and it would have been told and retold for years. Remember when Sally.....