Friday, January 14, 2011

The Smell Of Pork Rinds

Yesterday, at one of my weekly beatdowns training sessions with Amy Jones, she asked my workout group about support systems. She questioned, "Are people being supportive of your weight loss efforts? Do you notice people trying to sabotage you?"

As she posed these questions, I immediately concluded that I am one of the lucky ones.

My husband, the person I spend most of my time with, is SUPER supportive.

As a matter of fact, except for NOT getting his ass beat by Amy Jones not going to the gym, like I do, he's eats exactly what I eat. Of course, I do all of the cooking in our house, so it's either that, or starve to death....not like I leave him much choice.

On the other end of the support spectrum?

There's LOU.

Lou is also trying to lose weight.

And? Well...We sort of have an unspoken weight loss competition thingy going on between us (I'M GOING TO BURY HIM!).

That's why, last week, when I texted him this picture of what I was having for lunch:



And he responded with a text that said this:

Mmmmm...Sally? Wouldn't you rather have this? YUMMY!

I just knew that my unwavering conclusion---that LOU IS AN EVIL, LITTLE ASSCLOWN---is once again cemented in truth.

By the way?

As I type this post, you will NEVER guess where Lou is RIGHT NOW.

He's having his fur coat lasered off. Observe what I'm talking about, people... (WARNING: Put down your breakfast or you will heave!):



Hmmm...Is it me?

Or can you also smell the odor of burnt bacon in the air?

Hehehehe....

1 comment:

Dani- danielleislosingit said...

HaHaHa! Sucks to be Lou. And as a fist time reader of this blog, let me just tell you how delighted I am so see you refer to your training sessions as beatdown sessions.