Thursday, January 13, 2011

Snow Blows


I am not a fan of this time of the year. As a matter of fact, I am a firm believer that SNOW sucks ass.

While I'll admit that the first, fresh snowfall is beautiful to look at for a minute...After that? You can pretty much shove it. Seriously.

Rhode Island's cold, wretched winters always make me dream of a place that I love to visit, the island of Grand Cayman. The crystal blue waters and beautiful sandy beaches, make me want to jump ship, ditch my responsibilities, and run away forever.

There's a town in Grand Cayman called Hell. For reals, people.

Once, when I was there, I thought it would be funny to send my parish priest a postcard postmarked from Hell. And of course, ME BEING ME, I included the most sincere, heartfelt note that I could muster. It went something like this:

Dear Father J,

I am sending you this postcard from Hell. FYI? Your people are liars! THIS PLACE IS AWESOME! They have rum cake AND frozen margaritas here! Save a soul! Pass it on!

XO,
Sally


In case you're wondering? Thus far, I'VE STILL NOT been excommunicated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved the "postcard"! Since I'm married to a priest, this strikes a chord here. We would have both laughed our butts off if this one had ever come our way!
-Erin P.