Monday, May 9, 2011

The Life Insurance People Wouldn't Blame Me

In a few weeks, I am going on a much needed vacation with my husband and some friends.

In preparation for my trip, I've been working really hard to get into better shape, by exercising and eating right.

So, a few weeks ago, when my husband gave me a cute, chocolate bunny for Easter, I threw it in my pantry and hid it under some crackers. I WAS NOT going to eat it...at least for now.

Then? Last week, I came upstairs from the basement, where I'd just finished my 45 minute battle with that bastard, George Clooney (my treadmill). AND, I found my husband sitting on the couch. He was settling in for the night, watching some television before bed, while indulging in his evening snack.

AND WHY IS THIS BLOG WORTHY, YOU'RE WONDERING?

I'll tell you why!

Because in the same way that NORMAL people eat things like chips and salsa or veggies and dip, he was eating my NOW COMPLETELY PULVARIZED, chocolate Easter bunny AVEC peanut butter. Observe:



In that moment, I (A) wanted to stab him and (B) realized that I married an EVIL genius.

Emphasis on EVIL, y'all.

2 comments:

Sadaf Trimarchi said...

That is brilliant! I'm so glad I never thought of that at Easter. filed away for future reference.

Kimberley said...

I can only applaud his actions...as I do the very same thing!