Monday, July 25, 2011

The "Guilt" Diet. It Really Works!

This is my niece, Julia.


She's seven, going on thirty.

Saturday night, Hubs and I went out for dinner with her, as well as with a slew of other family members. 

After dinner, we decided to go to an ice cream parlor that's situated near the ocean. 

When we got there, I turned to Julia and asked, "Miss Julia?  What kind of ice cream do you want?" 

She replied, "I don't want any." 

Puzzled, I asked her again, "Huh?  You don't want any?  Are you still full from dinner?"

This time, she stopped, put her hands on her hips and said, "Nope.  It's just that ice cream is NOT my favorite snack.  I LOVE carrots, grapes, and string cheese!"

For a moment, I was utterly speechless.  I mean...What NORMAL kid doesn't love ice cream?

She continued, "ANDDDDDD.....I'm trying to maintain my healthy lifestyle!  THAT'S why I look like THISSSSSS!"  Then, the seven year old version of Vanna Friggin White,  motioned up and down the sides of her body with her hands before running towards the water to play.

Well, EXXXCCCUUUSSSE  ME!

I looked at my sister incredulously for a moment, before asking, "Where the FRIG did that kid come from?"  She shook her head and shrugged, as if the mystery was beyond even her.

FYI...In case you're wondering? 

YES.  Julia and I are blood relatives.

And NO.  I didn't eat the damn ice cream, either. 

I felt too guilty

The little shit.









2 comments:

OTerez said...

I feel guilty now because I had ice cream last night :(
and my word verification is "lardstra" so THAT'S not helping!

Sally said...

LARDSTRA?! BAHAHAHA!