Thursday, October 27, 2011

Can You Tell Me What Aisle The Eardrops Are In?

The Scene:  Last night, picking up a prescription for my Mom at a local pharmacy (HINT:  It's in a store where people are known to wear their pajamas / thongs / mullets in public): 


Snarky Cashier:  Can I help you?

Me:  Yes.  I'm picking up a prescription for my Mother.

Snarky Cashier:  NAME?

Me:  Sophia Petrillo (her alias)

Snarky Cashier:  DATE OF BIRTH?

Me:  May second, nineteen thirty-one.

Snarky Cashier:  HOLD ON...(walks to the rear of the pharmacy...returns two minutes later)  IS THIS PRESCRIPTION FOR YOU?

Me:  Wha?

Snarky Cashier:  IS THIS PRESCRIPTION FOR YOU?!  HAVE YOU EVER TAKEN THIS MEDICATION BEFORE?

Me:  Seriously?!

Snarky Cashier:   *rolling her eyes*  YEAH.  SERIOUSLY.  IS THISSSS PRESCRIPTIONNNN FOR YOU?? 

Me:  First of all, calm down and lower your voice.  I'm not deaf!  Second, WHAT PART OF "I'm here to pick up a prescription  for my Mother who was born in NINETEEN THIRTY-ONE" didn't you understand? 

Snarky Cashier:  *insert dirty look*  TEN DOLLARS.

Me:  *insert death glare*  You're welcome.


And I walked away, glaring silently and thinking, I hope that I'm reincarnated as toothpaste so I never have to see that b*tch again.  Seriously.

1 comment:

kindred spirit said...

Good God people are feisty. Lol. You handled this very well....

Good Day!