Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I Eat Chocolate, Therefore I Am

Today's post is sponsored in part by my incredibly shrinking ass.

I just got back from my Weight Watchers meeting.  Before I tell you about my weigh-in, I'd like to say that I'm no coward, y'all.  I think I deserve a chocolate bar just for showing up there the week after Thanksgiving.  I'll take a Kit Kat, thankyouverymuch. 

Lately, I've been pretty quiet about my weight loss efforts.  The reason for that is simple.  I am not a weight loss blogger and I don't pretend to be.  I make no secret of the fact that I've struggled with my weight FOREVER, and I'm in no position to preach to the choir about walking away from the chocolate, when many times, I don't choose to do so myself (Dear Chocolate, I heart you).

As a matter of fact, the other day, when questioned about what it is that I write about, I answered, "I'm just an incredibly youthful looking, normal gal (hehe) who writes about everything....you know, everyday life...like how I sometimes want to stab people, how some people are whores, and how my pursuit of a smaller ass is never ending.

Incidentally, the person who asked me this question was Jason, the awesome sales associate at a local candle store, who upon hearing my response said, "OH MY GOD!  YOU ARE MY SOUL MATE!" 

Clearly, Jason is a man with flawless taste.

Anywho, since I've been exercising like a mad dog lately (at 5:30am, for those of you who know how much of a friggin morning person I am) and making the healthiest food choices possible, I was thrilled to find out that I've maintained my weight through Thanksgiving and into this week.  Plus, in the last few weeks, I've managed to attain this:




Sweet niblets!  It's only a matter of time before I'm wearing a thong on a public beach!

You heard me.

Before I leave you to continue on with my incredibly exciting day (Tonight I'm roasting spaghetti squash AND brussel sprouts!  WHO'S A WILD WOMAN?!  I AM!  I AM!), I just want to tell you what happened to me after the meeting, when I met up with the Hubster at work

I walked into his office to tell him how my weigh-in went.  Then, I said, "Hey, today there was talk around the Weight Watchers meeting room about my working for the company!  The district manager was there and she said that she seriously wants me to consider IT because...SHE LOVES ME."  It's probably because I'm sooooo awesome.

His response? 

"Ummmm....Yeah?  No.  It's probably more because she knows that you can talk a dog off a meat wagon."

I like my explanation better.

5 comments:

The Path Traveled said...

Sally, congrats ....wow, great weight loss! I loved your post!

bitesizedchunk said...

OMG Every time I read your Blog, you make me laugh so hard I pee! Bye now, gotta go buy Depends.

Sadaf Trimarchi said...

You cracked me up, as usual. As a fellow Weight watcher, I applaud the fact that you did so well over the holiday!

On the other hand, I pigged out like it was my last meal. But, one thing I have learned is that that "one-day weight" as I call it, comes off fast if I just watch my portions for the week following (yeah, the whole one day of pigging out vs. the week of Spartan portions sucks and life is cruel...). Which I have. Of course it sucks.. hello... and would I rather be stuffing my face for a week with umm... stuffing.. and mashed potatoes and creamed spinach... and leftover southern comfort apple pie... well.. yes.

But, anyway... I really enjoy your blog. Off I go to eat some sweet potato curry I whipped up that is shamefully lacking in ghee or other oils that would bring this baby up to what it should taste like.. oh well... for 5 points, I will suck it up.

Three Hundred Sixty Five said...

When you said Weight Watchers meeting, I flinched.....there happens to be a Weight Watchers right next door to Papa Murphy's (yummy pizza place). Kinda ironic....One day I was driving up to aforementioned pizza place, and was nearly killed by one of the Weight Watchers ladies who was leaving the meeting. I kinda figured she was in a hurry to buy pizza.....

H.K. said...

I lost your blog address- I'm glad I found it again. Missed reading your blog & I can always count on a good laugh!