Monday, January 30, 2012

How You Feeling? Not So Hot!

This was me, yesterday...



I thought I was having a pretty good hair day (Correct me if I'm wrong, and I will stab you in the neck), so I took this picture--to use as a possible Facebook profile photo-- right before heading out the door for a day of obligatory family bonding.

About an hour after this photo was taken, a family member, who shall remain nameless because she may or may not have given birth to me (I'm still convinced that Sally Field is my real mother)---presented me with a jar of this...


...saying nothing more than, "Here!  Use this.  This company also makes a night creme.  When I go to the store with your sister, I'm going to buy you one of those, too." 

When I got home, I decided to look at my wall calendar---the one where I write down all of my important appointments---to check and see when my mother's last eye exam was. 

It was three years ago. 

THAT fact provided me with the tidbit of consolation that I needed to AVOID eating a pint of ice cream and a bag of potato chips in commiseration of my apparent hagginess.

The poor woman must have some huge-ass cataracts, y'all. 

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 






3 comments:

Jennie said...

Ouch. Well I think you're hair is gorgeous, Sally!

Amanda said...

Yep, the hair is good! Sure better than mine today, LOL.

Robin said...

I too think your hair looked fabulous!