Friday, January 13, 2012

Let's Get Mikey To Try It!

In my constant quest for an incredibly shrinking ass, I often peruse the grocery store looking for new foods that are both healthy and tasty.  I'm a pretty adventurous eater and will try almost anything once, especially if it comes highly recommended by an outside party--whom I trust to have good judgement in the culinary realm.  We foodies stick together.

Because of my adventurous nature, I have been known to eat stuff that other people might find repulsive.  For example?  I love sushi...and I don't mean the typical cooked stuff.  No sirree.  That shit is for amateurs.  I love anything made with raw tuna, salmon, fish roe, eel, octopus, etc...The funkier, the better. 

I also eat raw oysters / little neck clams, brussels sprouts, periwinkles, spinach, salt pork, boiled dinners, and liver...by choice, y'all.  I credit my Mama for turning me into an adventurous eater because when I was a kid?  No foods were off limits. 

That being said, yesterday, when I was at the grocery store picking up a few things before heading home?  I saw this on a shelf in the canned goods aisle:


I immediately thought three things.

(A) Holy Niblets on a shelf!  WTF is that?!

(B) Canned wiener ain't cheap ($5.49)!

And (C) I am a foodie, but I will NEVER be that adventurous.

Even I have limits, y'all.

5 comments:

The Path Traveled said...

I cant stop laughing! Who came up with that...a man?

Kyle Gershman said...

But Sally, it IS microwavable...that has to count for something!

Three Hundred Sixty Five said...

I have never heard of such a....product. So I looked it up, and evidently the "wording" is possibly a corruption of the German word "thick", or a corruption of the word "dough", or even "pudding". In other words, no one really knows, but it is a traditional British product, so God knows. Why would anyone eat steamed suet? Ain't that for birds????

Anna said...

That's just wrong.

littlesquidge said...

It's British and we love it! Try it, you might like it! You need to add custard.