Tuesday, January 1, 2013

I Swear. Therefore, I am.

It's 3:00pm on Tuesday, January 1, 2013 and I've already dropped several F-Bombs.  GO ME in two-oh-one-three!

AND THAT'S why I never make New Year's resolutions, y'all.  While everybody around me is all, "The new year is upon me and I have resolved to be a better person.  I will embrace positivity.  I will be nicer.  I will focus on changing my behavior.  I will stop eating chocolate (KILL ME).  I will embrace others and blah, blah, freakin blah....,"  I'm just shaking my head thinking, Good Lord, people.  That's a lot of fuggin pressure!  I mean, honestly.....

Sometimes, I swear.

Sometimes, I'm sarcastic.

Sometimes, I want to punch people in the neck.

Sometimes, I EAT COOKIES.

Sometimes, when the phone rings, I look at the caller ID and pretend I'm not home.

Sometimes, I beat myself up over my appearance and lack of motivation.

Sometimes, I feel guilty.

Sometimes, I'd rather be with my friends than with some of my family.

Sometimes, I question every choice I've ever made.

Sometimes, I want to run away.

On the flip side?

I love to laugh....A LOT.

I have a twisted sense of humor and friends who "get" me. I love them!

I'm empathetic and I "ugly cry" often.

Sometimes, I eat healthy!  AND EXERCISE!

I'm a good friend.

I am an AWESOME wife to an amazing husband!  Right, PC?!

Ditto on being an AWESOME daughter, sister, aunt, etc...

Many times, I am strong.

Most times, I accept myself.

Everyday, I am grateful.

But, you know what else?

I am still the same person today that I was yesterday and will be tomorrow.  Sorry for your disappointment, folks (Not, really).  But, there will be no New Year's revelations on this channel (You have Oprah for that).

Oh, well....

On a lighter note, today is the 4th anniversary of my blog. Holy crap!  I can not believe how time flies sometimes...especially since reaching my 40's (FYI...Middle age sucks donkey balls).

To celebrate my Blogiversary (and the New Year, I suppose), I'm going to give away something that I customized myself and gave to my friend Julia for Christmas.  Check it:


Who doesn't want a sharp object with their name on it, y'all?  To win one of THREE of these sharp-ass cooking/chopping (*not for stabbing) knives (color may vary), just leave me a comment on this blog telling me what one of your New Year's resolutions is.  Or, if you're like me and you have none, tell me so.  Also, you could use the comment forum to tell me that you love me and wish I was your BFF.  That works, too.  I'm flexible.  Please note that three winners will be chosen at random (using a counter) one week from today, on January 8th.

Happy Anniversary to Mais Fica!  Here's to many, many more years of me corrupting you.

Happy New Year, Bitches!



















19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you MAIS FICA - from New Hampshire!!!!!!

Claudine said...

I resolve not to make any resolutions...

Anonymous said...

I love you and I wish Lou was my best friend! No knife for me, but I do enjoy you...a lot!

Kimberley

Laura Runs a Latte said...

No resolutions here. Just keeping with my current goals. If it's called a resolution and you break it, it's almost like you have to wait until next year for a do-over. With a goal you just keep pushing. If you mess up, you start right back over!
Happy New Year and Happy Blogiversary!

Kyle Gershman said...

But, I resolved to be more stabby in 2013!

The Path Traveled said...

Lets see, Sally, I could lie to you and tell you I had some type of New Year challenge as to say but I don't! I thought a few up like:
1. Giving up Diet Dr. Pepper (what??)
2. Get started on my taxes (no, not the Obama ones)
3. Get off my lap top before 10 pm (like that will ever happen)
4. Blog everyday (I have 4 blogs, so which one will be daily)
5. Win a knife from Mais Fica (More for Me)....maybe this one will happen for me....

Happy New Year anyway...








Debby said...

My knife MUST be pink. My name ends with a Y not an 'ie'.....Debby. I am menopausal and I can't promise I won't stab.....I will try real hard tho! 2013 I am going to make less self destructive choices. Just read a quote by Caroline Myss. She said "Every choice is either going to enhance or drain your spirit". I plan to enhance the fuck out of my spirit in 2013!!!!

Lou said...

I would like the knife so I can stab a certain someone!!!! Can I have it in RED so they won't be able to see the Blood Stains?????

justme5686 said...

I love that you seem to be such a fan of my chubby baby on Facebook. You do pretty much "like" all his pictures.

Heather Morrissey (beatle1@hotmail.com) said...

New Year's resolution? Um, No.

Jo said...

Resolutions?! And set myself up for failure?! Not on your life.

Jenn said...

No resolutions for me cuz I'm kinda perfect. ;-) Happy New Year, Sally!

Shanni said...

My name is Shanni, and my resolution is to not die. I'm signed up for a Tough Mudder and a Spartan Sprint. So training. And not dying.

Rachel said...

I haven't made any resolutions this year because I NEVER keep them. Happy new year and thanks for the giveaway!

AZGypsie said...

Sally, I have no resolutions, not this year, not any year! I think I made a resolution once when I was 5years old and promptly broke it! I was so disappointed in myself I resolved never to make resolutions again! Ok, so twice I made resolutions!

On another note, I do love your blog and have missed you and wondered if you had fallen off the face of the internet or something! I hope to see lots more of you, your mom and Lou in 2013!

Laura

AZGypsie said...

Well, shit!! I did this once already and then it disappeared!

I am sorry, allow me to introduce myself. I am Laura, a long time fan. In case this publishes twice, I apologize profusely.

I, like you, don't do resolutions. I did it once when I was like 5 years old and promptly broke the resolution and was profoundly disappointed in myself! At that point, I resolved to make no more resolutions! Ok, so I have made 2 resolutions in my life. I have been much more successful with the second one.

I am truly a fan and have missed you and mom and Lou. Look forward to seeing more of you in 2013!

Three Hundred Sixty Five said...

Resolutions? Nope. It's not that I don't need improvement, it's just that I hate the pressure. Of keeping them. Or making them.

I'm sort of a seat of the pants kinda girl....the type that is ever so thankful that I can pay bills on my phone because sometimes I remember they're due, like today....

I'm looking forward to 2013, I guess. I do look forward to reading your blog! Happy New Year!

Three Hundred Sixty Five said...

Resolutions? Nope. It's not that I don't need improvement, it's just that I hate the pressure. Of keeping them. Or making them.

I'm sort of a seat of the pants kinda girl....the type that is ever so thankful that I can pay bills on my phone because sometimes I remember they're due, like today....

I'm looking forward to 2013, I guess. I do look forward to reading your blog! Happy New Year!

Mo said...

I would NEVER resolve not to swear because I would never be able to say a word. I wouldn't last five seconds without dropping the F bomb.

Happy Blogoversary!